bar b q's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had one.
Not a formal affair at all.
No one else just hubby and boys and I.

Quite funny because the hens sidled up and nicked a whole bread roll and as I had only defrosted so many... it meant the kids were chasing said hen around trying to get the roll back. (we wouldnt have let the kids eat it obviously but they would have!)

One hen would drop it and another would grab it.... they got to the river bank and the goose got it and took off on the water.. the hens looking as if.. you bastard!!

anyway.. my point is, that bar b q's when I was a child were a rare event. they were organised and were a special occasion.

We do it all of the time now. for breakfast or lunch or suppertime.
Sometimes it is a special affair but usually it is casual.

I think it is a sign of changing times?
lifestyles are becoming less formal?

Sponsored Links
only if you promise not to start fighting... and I hope you havent come in a trolley!! :LOL: :LOL: (like other thread)

ohhh.. think I was being slow there pitbull..

you meant catch the chuck and bar b it??? :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
my auntie had a BBQ yesterday, spent the whole afternoon/evening in a massive gazebo with 2 table top gas patio heaters! It was cold and raining! :evil: And I had to DJ! :cool: But its very hard to please all age groups at such an event :cool: I put amarillo on, think thats the only song my grandad liked!!! :LOL:

pitbull

dont eat toffs food ..lol .....oh dear ..lol

crafty1289
ask them old folks about green shield stamps .:) lol..lol..lol....

moz... you didnt complain last time you visited!

toffs
My dear lady ...with all due respect that was a nice if well cooked Breakfast , ...lol

an a gentlemen never offends a Lady after what delights you bestowed me the evening before .. ;)

crafty1289
lol...lol..lol...I told you... didnt I ...lol

I maybe a drunk old wreck but .....aha them stamps paid for allsorts ..lol

an we fondly remember the CO-OP of old as the workers store ..lol

all this rubbish about clubcards at the multis now urgh ..spit... spew

they help to re-order stock plain an simple ... nothing helps like them stamps did ..lol

Morrissey, on now on the plasma , "everyday is like sunday ...!"video sky vh2 get your head around some good tunes , young man , an get those The Smiths belting out ... :) :)

I was DJing on my cousin's DJ decks, its only a very basic thing, 2 CD players and a fader/mixer. Got the nice big powerful speakers and amp too (they are friendly with the neighbours and the houses are spaced out so they dont mind them playing in the back garden. one of the neighbours has a cockerel or 3 too, the noisy little ****) I wish it had been at the back of the garden, its a massive garden, I wanted to max the volume up, dont think my grandad would have liked amarillo at 1000 watts though! ;) ;) ;)

crafty1289
a bit of a dj eh ?

you want to sample some good tunes ..lol,
"Human League, being boiled Lp "
Class
or "The smiths best of "

even "Heaven 17" I heard down in town the other night ..Penthouse on pavements lol

I even heard Jams going underground on a brill thumping mix

btw volume aint the what makes a good mix its many things as you know , tempo , beat , bass,lyrics ... ;) ;)

crafty1289 said:
my auntie had a BBQ yesterday, spent the whole afternoon/evening in a massive gazebo with 2 table top gas patio heaters! It was cold and raining! :evil: And I had to DJ! :cool: But its very hard to please all age groups at such an event :cool: I put amarillo on, think thats the only song my grandad liked!!! :LOL:

party0023.gif

Best thing we ever did was ditch the cr@ppy old charcoal affair, and get a big powerful gas one, so much better. Still confess I'm not overly keen on barbies though

Sponsored Links
Back