BAS wins! (B&Q to close 60 stores)

Sponsored Links
I think people realised that they could shop in Screwfix for items that are cheaper which is owned by the same company. Or even shop in Toolstation which is even cheaper.

Andy

I'm not quite sure why Ban-all-sheds dislikes the 'sheds' so much.

Granted I'm not a professional, only a gifted(!) amateur, but I buy things I need from B&Q (or from my local hardware shop if they have what I need). I bet that even some professionals have also been seen shopping at B&Q.

I do know what he means, though. I went to B&Q to buy some planks and couldn't find a single straight one anywhere. I think they're OK, but you have to be careful what you buy and examine their goods closely.

Sponsored Links
I'm not quite sure why Ban-all-sheds dislikes the 'sheds' so much.

Granted I'm not a professional, only a gifted(!) amateur, but I buy things I need from B&Q (or from my local hardware shop if they have what I need). I bet that even some professionals have also been seen shopping at B&Q.

I do know what he means, though. I went to B&Q to buy some planks and couldn't find a single straight one anywhere. I think they're OK, but you have to be careful what you buy and examine their goods closely.

I shop in B&Queue quite often (Tradepoint). I don't like the prices but the superstores do have a very good stock and are quite handy when I am out of my normal area and can't find a plumbers or builders. The customer always knows where the nearest B&Queue is.

I can't imagine why they are losing out as all stores always seem to be 'rammed', especially on a Wednesday morning. I can only imagine that the the majority of the trades have left them because of their ridiculous prices. That and the fact that some branches look more like furniture stores than hardware stores.

Let's hope they don't have to use their own sheet ply to board up their windows. :LOL:

I went it there yesterday evening (about 6pm) and, as always, it was basically dead. So, no wonder that some of the huge places are unsustainable.

Another thing - why did they ever put as many till points in, as they did? They only ever seem to open one or two at most (same applies to our local Tesco, Mozzas, Sainsbos, and Asda).

I went it there yesterday evening (about 6pm) and, as always, it was basically dead. So, no wonder that some of the huge places are unsustainable.

Another thing - why did they ever put as many till points in, as they did? They only ever seem to open one or two at most (same applies to our local Tesco, Mozzas, Sainsbos, and Asda).

Walked out my local leaving £100+ goods unpaid after they wanted to charge me for a plastic bag.

I still use them but only on a Sunday when everywhere else is closed.

Walked out my local leaving £100+ goods unpaid after they wanted to charge me for a plastic bag.

The bag charge is not about making £££, its about plastic bags.

£2.60 for two 15mm york elbows. (Only needed one)

Local plumbers 40p each.

No brainer really.

I suppose it's not entirely their fault. They're all at it now thanks to the meddling EU.

Sponsored Links
Back