Basic alarm - must provide a set of n/c contacts

N

Newboy

Do any of the basic Yale alarms have the facility to add an external device triggered by a n/c contact set going open when the alarm is triggered?

The external device is a fogger unit - trying to stop plant/tools being nicked. Physical security is pointless as locks have been cut off, windows pulled from frames, steel framed doors 'crowbared' open.

Reason for question, a couple of PIRs seem to better detect entry rather than having to fit triggers on all potential entry points.

Any and all help gladly received before I go to gaol for shooting the next thieving barsteward.

Sponsored Links
give us an example of the models you mean by basic.

You mean something that would be activated when the alarm sounds.

The siren is triggered by the alarm so I suppose you could use to supply to the sounder to turn something on.

If you are going to the trouble of adding sophistication, why do you want a Yale? I see their USP as cheap and easy for DIY install.

You mean something that would be activated when the alarm sounds.

Hence the N/c contacts becoming open when the alarm is triggered.

I see their USP as cheap and easy for DIY install
Correct - the point being a simple system, the alarm is irrelevant, it simply is a trigger.

f you are going to the trouble of adding sophistication,
Very little sophisticated about a fogger - the principle being if you can't see it, you can't nick it!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back