Bath waste pipe angle.

He means take a picture of the plughole.
:LOL: I knew there must be a proper name for it!

The OP's picture shows what I as fearing that rather than one side of the waste sitting high, one side is low and that suggests to me the Fibre Glass is broken and not properly supporting the waste. It looked like that may be the case on the underside pictures.

Fibre Glass can be repaired and that is what is needed now before attempting to refit the waste. The overall thickness of the bath is not critical to fit the waste so doing a repair across the bottom to get an overall flat repair should not be a problem, then build up the topside where it has collapsed low with some gelcoat.

I think you're right re broken fibreglass. Is the repair easy? Can this be done without removing the bath?

Sponsored Links
I can't tell by your pic (on my iphone) but sometimes when using silicone the waste can slip to one side. Break the seal, clean it up and re-fit but leave the trap and waste pipe till the silicones dry. You can check the bath properly then. Or if your unsure call a plumber and get a price for the job.

I think you're right re broken fibreglass. Is the repair easy? Can this be done without removing the bath?

Yes you could do it without removing the bath, it's just a pain working with fibreglass upside down.

However, I would not discount what gigz has posted which is essentially to say it was just badly fitted.

Either way the Waste (Plug Hole ;) ) needs to come out and then the fibreglass can be checked properly. If you have not worked with fibreglass before try and find some-one who has, perhaps a boating or canoeing mate. The repair is not really for a complete novice. I would use woven cloth fibreglass to the underside after thoroughly preparing the old. The low area on top I would use a gel coat repair just to level it up. Go straight over the old waste hole when working below and cut out the hole again later using the existing as a guide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back