Bathroom Extractor Fan Incorrectly Wired ?

I don't mind doing any extra masonry work as it's only a 4" one and frankly, it's just about useless at shifting any reasonable amount of steam.

Reason I said worth Looking at a nice new selv fan

Sponsored Links
Zone 1 is the vertical space above the bath to a height of 2.25m - it does not extend laterally, so the whole of the space between the end of the bath and the wall, to a height of 2.25m is Zone 2...

Zone 1 is the vertical space above the bath to a height of 2.25m - it does not extend laterally

Yes your right , did not realise bath was so short,there is as you say a zone two there,not much but technically enough

Bigzed
what is the measurement from wall to actual end of bath
And how much does the fan stick out from the wall
please

Sponsored Links
It might not be broken though, it might just need synchonising by about 7 and 3/8 inches . :D :D

You need a new tape measure - one side of yours is broken....

:LOL: First one wasn't a measurement, it was just a presumption. Then when I actually measured I realised that the ceiling isn't 8' as I'd guessed :oops: Shame it isn't the same as the rest of the house - old 9' ceilings there & that would've let me fit the isolator.

what is the measurement from wall to actual end of bath And how much does the fan stick out from the wall
please

Bath is 1785mm long, wall to end of bath is 365mm, fan sticks out 45mm. Bath is 800mm wide if that helps. Underneath the end of the bath that is the same end as the fan lies the Jacuzzi Pump.

Is that the Boiler in the bathroom?

It's not the CH Boiler scotty, it's the multipoint for the hot water. I guess the original homeowner had that before the CH was fitted.

It might not be broken though, it might just need synchonising by about 7 and 3/8 inches

Gonna be a long time before I live this one down aye ? :LOL:

wall to end of bath is 365mm, fan sticks out 45mm.

BAS was right (again) your fan is in zone 2 then

It is just usually the bath butts the wall and then it would have been in zone 1

It was a bit hard to tell where the actual bath ended in the pic

It was a bit hard to tell where the actual bath ended in the pic

Yeah sorry rocky, once I found a bathroom zones pic :-

Bathroom%20Zones%20Info.jpg

I could see clearly why you would think that.

Thanks again.

Yes
glad you got the pic
Lot easier to understand
Still seems a bit crazy though as a child could stand in the bath and poke the mains fan.
But the regs say its ok,
I personally would opt for safety in this case

Can anyone tell me where I can locate a ceiling extractor fan? would it work sufficiently where the red cross is. I can;t put it directly above the bath as it is a sloping ceiling.

The pic is quite small so the outside wall is the bottom of the picture, the bath is on the right hand bottom and the door the top left. The bath is located beneath the window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back