Bathroom Project (Well Needed Aswell) LoL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, started bathroom a few days ago. Got some photos of the state it was in before I started the work.

Bearing in mind the bathroom has not been done since we moved in, looks 1960s to me lol

Plan is:

Insulate Walls And Ceiling Using 50mm Celotex
Plaster Ceiling
Plasterboard Walls For Tiling Using M/R Boards + Aquapanels
Fit Extractor Fan
Change Light ( V Strange Light in here lol kitcthen had same)
Replace, Replenish Joists That Was Eating Alive With Woodworm lol
Level Floor Where Toilet Is.
Move Sink + Bath To Difference Location
Make A Better Cupboard For Boiler
Tile Walls + Floor
New Bath Suite
New Doors

Thats about it for now i think

View media item 28417View media item 28418View media item 28419View media item 28420

Sponsored Links
Great looking job iamlee, one suggestion, how will you fik towel rail to wall? if you havent done all ready can i suggest some ply fixed between your uprights,this will give a sronger fix than anchors onto plaster board,or have you got battons in right place for fixings?Sorry one other thing have you fixed the pan down yet if not I would suggest tile floor first saves a lot of cutting around pan.

Sponsored Links
hi mate with the towel rail ive put battens a certain distance apart for the brackets :) didnt want to risk plasterboard holding that weight :). nope have not fixed pan yet, fri and sat i started to tile the floor where the pan is going. will finish the tiling when im off work. Also doing the same with basin, tiling first then fit, like you said makes it alot easier because im not the best at cutting tiles.

will post some more pics soon

thanks for the comment buddy

Lee

yeh alot your spot on there m8. Aint touched it since a week before xmas, when i get some spare time on my hands will continue, hope to get it finished pretty soon though. Fitted towel rad, sink, done some more tiling thats about it for now will post more photos soon :)

Hi iamlee, what was your budget for such a job? I need to do the same and my bathroom looks identical to yours what would be a reasonable ball park figure? Cheers and happy tiling

hi bizron, budget came to around £3k to £3.5k that includes everything, bath suite (£1k L Shape bath, screen, basin, pan,combi shower taps etc" same suite in bandq was 3k alone lol, other £2.5k then is for tiles, copper piping, plaster, self leveler, tile adhesive, tile grout, tile boarder, tiling strip, rad, about 30 lengths of 3x2 (3meter) timber for bringing out wall for insulation boards, also insulation boards added on top. Plus MR P/board + Cement Boards list goes on. Had to put up new roof rafters too due to other rotted / attacked with woodworm.

budget also includes all accessories + cabinet + mirrors etc.

Got a little left to do on tiling hope to get it finished by next weekend will post pics when i get a chance :) cheers buddy

Bathroom finished now, only thing left to do is buy correct toilet seat then its complete :) been a long process didnt think we'd actually finish it. First bathroom ive ever attempted (and the last lol) :)

first photos is how it was before we moved in, hope ya all like

34t8k1g.jpg

2cyfzv5.jpg

ilvwvk.jpg

30cxbhs.jpg

n225wj.jpg

2mqkqyx.jpg

23rtkxv.jpg

fwmz4y.jpg

ejarh5.jpg

2443381.jpg

m81erl.jpg

x5s28m.jpg

99hz7c.jpg

3449t86.jpg

2j4dgmf.jpg

11lmn9g.jpg

t8qk3o.jpg

2i1zjv9.jpg

Hi, I am wanting to renovate my bathroom and would like to move the bath across the window. The bath/shower would be very similar to your arrangement. How did you deal with shower water getting on the window and cill? My walls are a lot thicker (500mm) but the windows are timber. I'm concerned that shower water and soap chemicals will eventually damage the window. Thoughts?

Dont really have any water from shower onto window sill, we prob get more water on there from condensation lol, nothing really to worry about on pvc though. Not sure how it would go with wood m8. Maybe it might be best for u not to put shower near window? or get a pvc window? need to weigh up ya options buddy. good luck in project :)

Hi Lee,

what shower head did you go with and what do you think of it?

We're renovating a bathroom and are looking to fit a head that looks similar to the one you have chosen but want to try to make sure it will still give a decent shower (we have around 5bar pressure).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back