Bathroom Project (Well Needed Aswell) LoL

hi sixeighth we went for this:

http://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/boaz-thermostatic-mixer-shower.html

works a treat, we dont have very high water pressure in our house but this shower even with low pressure is very powerful. Would deffinitly recommend this to you. If you getting conceald shower unit you need to bury it in quite a few inches but once done looks good :)

let me know what one ya choose m8 :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Lee.

That's the style we're after but with a 3-way diverter (not too many of them about). We've been looking at separate heads, like the one you have, but would like to make sure we'll end up with a decent shower. We'd prefer concealed as well.

Well done on completing your project by the way - you must have saved a fair bit by doing the work yourself.

toilet :)

e6o9hv.jpg

Next project Build a garage, clear rubbish first :) any advice greatly appreciated

2wrok2d.jpg

2njhfrk.jpg

10fuo0j.jpg

clear rubbish first :) any advice greatly appreciated

Get a skip ;)

Seriously though . . . nice work on the bathroom :)

1 question though . . . your room looks roughly the same size as ours & I'm trying to decide which towel radiator to go for . . . how did you choose this radiator in terms of heating output? All the towel rads I can see seem to give out less heat than a BTU calculator suggests I need . . .

How do you find yours heating wise?

Cheers

Cliff

Sponsored Links
hi cliff lol yes had 2 skips in the end to clear the lot :)

with regards to towel rail just choose it due to it been on offer in screwfix, its a decent size had it half price. It does get scortching hot but i agree a normal double convector rad produces alot more heat. But with the bathroom being insullated all over, the radiator produces more than enough to keep the room upto temp :)

Lee

thx buddy glad to finish it in the end though lol one bit of advice though, i wouldnt do it in the winter time again lol cutting tiles out the garden... was -5 or so after each cut had to heat my hands up lol nm worth it in the end :) good luck on urs m8

Amazing mate. looks fresh, clean and modern.

I have been thinking about replacing our bathroom for a few years now, unfortunately, the bathroom was built into the house (Victorian terraced) and there isn't any realistic way we can remove and replace the bath (I can get it out but cutting it in to pieces but obviously cannot put a new one in the same way haha) so I have convinced the mrs that we only need a shower (just waiting till the daughter is a little older and that will be done, probably 2014)

I have what may seem like a daft question is 50mm celotex overkill my concern would be shrinking the room 50mm celotex 12.5mm plasterboard then tiles thats what seems to me a lot of wasted space. I can only assume your house has no cavity so no ability for cavity wall insulation?

I`d get that PIR out of the bathroom or get the thing well sealed up.
Even so it wont like it.

that pir is designed for the bathroom m8 paid alot more than the bog standard ones, in a year havent had any issues :)

my garden is clear now rob took a few skips lol :)

keen2learn, my bathroom has cavity wall insulation but it was done when it first came out its v poor cavity wall insulation was freezing, since putting the celotex its a sauna :)

the rest of my house is the old stone so i have to get round to insulating that the same way. It is alot of room to sacrifice but saving on the heating bills and being warm is the plus side :)

Iamlee22

if you put it like that its a sacrafice that has bigger benefits

Thanks for your reply

Hi, looks good!

what plasterboard have you used there? did it need a skim before putting the tiles on?

Hi there, just used M/R boards in less wet areas, then where the bath is etc used cement based backer boards. No need to skim if tiling buddy

Great job, Lee, well done!

I never think to take the "before" pictures but they tell so much more of a story. I don't even think I'd have bought the house had I seen the before pics, so well done for having the vision, and for carrying it through :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back