Battery drill usb chargers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see dewalt now do a usb charger for their battery drill batteries

click

Unfortunately all my battery tools are all either makita 18V or bosch 10.8V.

Does anyone know if either of these companies have introduced a usb charger to their range?

I think it would be a great addition to my kit.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
you will only ever get a very slow trickle charge taking much much longer i would have thought :?:

It all seems a bit numb trying to lash my own together. I'd ideally like something off the shelf which just plugs straight on to a battery.

Sponsored Links
It all seems a bit numb trying to lash my own together. I'd ideally like something off the shelf which just plugs straight on to a battery.

Then your only option currently is the Bosch heated jacket which comes with a USB charger built in. If you click on "Prices / Complete with" it says the jacket comes with the "GAA 10.8v battery adapter", which after a quick Google doesn't seem to be available sold seperately in the UK.

It's listed on the Australian Bosch site as a seperate item, though, so it's probably only a matter of time before you can buy it here too...

http://www.bosch-pt.com.au/au/en/pr.../c131399/p121462/new-tools/gaa-10-8-v-li.html

HTH

Gaz :)

edit : Just noticed the newer Makita radios have a USB charging port too...
http://www.toolstop.co.uk/makita-dmr106b-jobsite-radio-with-bluetooth-and-usb-charger-black-p71251

you will only ever get a very slow trickle charge taking much much longer i would have thought :?:

:LOL: The batts are the chargers, as otherwise yes charging an 18v Li-ion battery from a USB port would be errrrr. Interesting! (I assume that is the case :eek:)

Pleased you pointed that one out Eddie......was as puzzled as hell there :p
John :)

Ha ha yeah I'm after something to charge my phone whilst on site, not something to charge batteries with a usb charger!

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have a slot for makita batteries...

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have a slot for makita batteries...

It will charge your phone, which is what you asked for!

Mind you, if it can turn over a diesel engine, I'm sure it will re-charge your Makita battery if you can find the appropriate connector. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back