Battery for a pole mini chainsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You can buy a 2amp 60v battery or a 4amp 60v battery.for this chainsaw.

I would be grateful to know what the difference is.

Sponsored Links
How high can you safely reach with those pole saws?

Sponsored Links
I would ask on a forestry forum, there are rules and regulations on chain saws and now I am not allowed to use one, even when I have used one many times in the past, I know you need all sorts of safety equipment and I have watched the tree surgeon climb trees and modify his plan as he realises the branch will not fall as he had judged from the ground.

He did not use a chain saw on a pole, which it would seem would have been easier than climbing the tree, there must have been a good reason.

Look on Amazon for hand pole saw. The better ones detach so you can use them as a hand saw. Battery’s never go flat and much safer & more effective. They are razor sharp so be careful! Petrol ones are expensive and only Stihl or Husqvarna any good, battery ones just live on the wall as expensive coat hooks. – Just my opinion from personal experience. (y)

Look on Amazon for hand pole saw. The better ones detach so you can use them as a hand saw. Battery’s never go flat and much safer & more effective. They are razor sharp so be careful! Petrol ones are expensive and only Stihl or Husqvarna any good, battery ones just live on the wall as expensive coat hooks. – Just my opinion from personal experience. (y)

What height can you safely reach?

I presume it would not be safe to use them off a ladder for extended reach?

What height can you safely reach?
A goodly height if the right one is purchased:mrgreen:
IMG_20200530_160911799_HDR.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back