Baxi 105 e - Hot water is also warming radiators

you can get these boards soaking with usually no ill affects after the hair dryer treatment but not recommended for diyers
Indeed..Hair driers have saved my bacon a few times..Amazing how little water upsets them.

Sponsored Links
Can the driver valve be left in the boiler for this repair or would it need to be removed ?

Sponsored Links
Brilliant advice from you all and very much appreciated.
Superb.
Do I have to take the whole diverter off or can I service it in place?

Again, many thanks
Andy

Hi all
So I changed the diaphragms for the front and top bits, including the springs pin type things and the nuts.
The radiators are still getting warm when the hot water is running.
Also, could someone advise me what the positions the four valve taps should be in, in everyday use.
I should have taken a photo before beginning work on it.
Mine are set as in the photo attached.
Thanks
Andy

Attachments

• IMG_3724.JPG
    IMG_3724.JPG
    436.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3730.JPG
    IMG_3730.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3730.JPG
    IMG_3730.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3724.JPG
    IMG_3724.JPG
    436.2 KB · Views: 41
The problem isn't the diaphragms.
Remove the front DHW brass section, unscrew the large "hex" gland screwed into the front of the rear diverter section.
Replace that bit (check the Teflon gland matches exactly with the replacement...they are sometimes wrongly supplied from the cheap ebay suppliers etc) and replace the spindles/discs etc that you can get too.
No need to remove the entire diverter.

changing diaphragms is not going to fix anything for heat leeching into the heating did you not bother reading what has been put in this thread

Thanks Gasguru -
Your post was very helpful and I'll take another look at it next weekend.
I need to do a bit more reading i think.
Thanks denso13, glad they're correct.

Cheers
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back