Baxi 105HE Howling and high pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Baxi howls every morning, for about an hour, before I get up so not due to use. Central heating not in use this year, gas bill last year too high to risk using it this year.
The pressure rises to 4 bar, bleeding the radiators (no air in them, took out 2litres and pressure went down to 3 bar)

It all started after I had a dripping tap which was causing pressure to drop, replaced. The repressuring pipe is still conected, could water still be getting in?

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
It sounds like your filling loop is still passing water and overpressurising the system.......make sure its completely off and ideally disconnected, and reduce the pressure to about 1 bar (heating off) by bleeding water out of a convenient radiator.
There will be a couple of litres at least to remove, and we'll take it from there. There isn't (or certainly shouldn't be) any connection between the domestic hot water and the heating side.
John :)

Thank you for that, Ive taken another couple of ltr water out of the radiator and disconected the re pressure hose, there was a trickle of water, but I turned the screwdriver on the inline valve and it stopped.

The pressure is down to 1.5 now, and hopefully the system wont howl tomorrow morning, my neighbours probably hate me, its right by their bedroom window, for the last six months I thought the howling was coming from their house, it seemed to start just before they got up in the morning :oops:

If alls well the pressure should be stable now, increasing slightly when the central heating is on.
Well sorted!
John :)

Sponsored Links
You say that you dont use your heating.

I suspect that you must be using electric heating.

Are you aware that electricity costs about THREE times the cost of gas?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back