Baxi DuoTec Combi HE 28 - explosive ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above named gas condensing boiler - been in about 3 and a half years. It's been OK in that time, although it did require a new fan last winter. :(

Although it's been regularly serviced by the guy who installed it, the one thing that is becoming frustrating is the explosive ignition. Last winter we experienced this for a while before the boiler eventually errored with E133 (gas problem or flame failure). Resetting the boiler worked a few times, but we had to call the installer eventually and he fixed the problem by moving apart the spark electrodes (I think). From my googling, the spark electrode issue (the fact that they move closer together over time stopping the spark being generated) appears to be common to this model of Baxi boliers.

We are now experiencing yet again some explosive ignitions when the heating is on or when the hot water tap is opened. I'm going to call my installer, but before I do, can anyone tell me if there is a replacement part that can be fitted - i.e. new spark electrodes - that have a different design and are not susceptible to this problem? I don't really want the installer to just move the electrodes apart again only for the problem to reoccur in the future.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi. Had the same problem. My gas fitter thought it could be the main board after talking to Baxi.Tried board but still same.Googled it and found answer on this site. He tied it and we now have hot water after 4 days without. Shower here I come. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i would like to, i will apply in a minute actually. i am trying to learn more about boiler breakdown's myself, so it could help possibly?

adlplumbing - did you go on any boiler breakdown courses? I would like to go on 1 or 2 but not sure which is a good one or not! ....?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back