Baxi Megaflo 24HE boiler Central Heating constantly ON

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi Megaflo 24HE boiler
Unventend system
Danfoss FP715-Si programmer
Danfoss manual room thermostat

Few months ago switched from Vented to Unvented. All worked perfectly until few days ago.

Couple of days ago Central Heating came ON and it stays ever since. Room thermostat is turned down to Min, Programmer is in CH OFF position. Checked the wiring on both and even removed both programmer and room stat from wires and Boiler still fires and CH comes ON. Weird.
In oder to have Hot Water, I need to manually turn the programmer to ON and then boiler heats the HW tank. When I switch HW off, CH comes on and it stays ON. The only way to turn it off is to Turn Off whole boiler (even Reset button on the boiler does not work).

Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Thanks flameport -- I check the valve: all seems OK (it's new from the installation last few months).
I opened the pcb and ckecked the switch - again nothing unusual. How can I check that the switch has failed?

Get your electrician to check switch live/heating wires in wiring centre if you have an rf stat it may be sending voltage back even in off position,due to the relay in reciver.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back