Baxi Solo 2 RS Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with the above boiler used for water and heating, the water temp cannot be regulated it is always very hot even when set on lowest setting - my Gasafe installer/servicer has had too much on his plate with family issues and i need this sorting pronto.
So far i have replaced PCB board and main stat but no joy, when installed it is on Gravity fed so Overheat Stat has to be disconnected for it to run on Gravity. This confuses me as to how it should cut out in case of overtemp situation but wont solve the issue of very hot water, any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Why not call another engineer, you have replaced stat and pcb which any engineer would have told you thats not the fault.

You are out of your depth so get a pro in it will save you money esp if your going to chuck parts at it

Paul

Paul I had contacted a few but when presented with the problem mentioned they don't turn up! I am capable of the changes I have done and this morning have again contacted my Gassfe guy to return my Boiler manual which he needed to read again to refresh his memory - hopeful of a return mail soon, if what I have changed is wrong do you have a suggestion?

You can usually find a boiler manual to download free from the internet.

Its always better to get an engineer to do boiler repairs.

Particularly if you are likely to just change expensive parts on the off chance they may be at fault.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony I'm a Mech Eng but defo not Boiler Eng sadly my Gasafe Eng has been busy looking after his wife who had been his secretary/answerphone since we have known them 25+ yrs now in a wheelchair, it seems that there are a lot of "plumbers" who have served there time on a course getting to know the Water Regs but not accomplished at much else - again any suggestions gladly taken aboard- thanks

Just out of interest,have you measured the hot tap water temperature,with a thermometer.

If so please tell.

Electric supply switched off at Fuseboard. Thermometer on the way but temp way too hot to put hand in running water

even on its lowest setting your boiler will still produce water that is too hot to touch when controlled just by gravity.

invensys-acl-drayton-individual-15mm-2-way-tap-stat-760869494_0_800x800.jpg

will give you some degree of control, zoning would be better, you will need a bypass radiator if you haven't already.

Installation as per Baxi recommend with a Bathroom Rad as an Expansion tool with open Manual Valves - this problem has been a recent event with the Boiler as it has performed well since fitted, thanks for your input

As what Dean said above.

or Upgrade cylinder controls to include a cyl stat,could involve a new cylinder but would need extra control system ie Y plan.fully pumped.

or thermostatic mixing valves on every hot tap outlet,it depends on what temperature is desired.

Cost is always an issue BUT in this case safety and ease of use overrides cost.

... it is on Gravity fed so Overheat Stat has to be disconnected for it to run on Gravity. This confuses me as to how it should cut out in case of overtemp situation ...

Not sure that disconnecting the boiler overheat 'stat is in any part of the manual, and would contravene the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations.

In general a boiler temperature 'stat (the control knob) will switch between 40C and 80C, so if working and set at minimum the domestic hot water should not be felt to be 'too hot', even on a gravity system.

Do you have an immersion heater?
Has it been left on?

If not then it's time to call in a pro. From what you've written I would be reluctant to advise further.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back