Bedroom Wall light

Sponsored Links
With a multimeter set to the Volts AC range (minimum 240v) can you very carefully measure the voltage between the black and red wires?
With the power turned off and your multimeter set to ohms range can you check the resistance between the blue and the brown wires. Operate the switch and do this again? If there is no change can you do the same at the switch end? Some switches have strange wiring combinations where L1 and Com are at the same end!!

0427 MUch clearer :)

0425 clearly (well slightly blurred) shows brown in common and blue in L1

have you tried this?

take the incoming red out from where it is, put it in the same terminal as the switch brown (3rd from right)

when you do this, remove the out going red from terminal 1 (right end) as there is no other wire there as the red that was there is now with the brown

remove the outgoing black wire (terminal 3 ) as its not required

this will leave you a red (connected to the blue with brown sleave)

and a black connected to the incoming black

all terminals are counted from the right in the picture

you never touch 2 & 4

connect your light to the black and red switch mains on and see what happens

if ok connect the earths

if not ok check the switch connectios are actualy touching the copper not the sheath

if still not ok, i give up

Sponsored Links
101_0427.jpg

I would say connect the brown & reds together. This is the live loop and is not connected to the fitting.

Connect the blacks. This is the neutral for the fitting.

The brown-sleeved blue is the live for the fitting.

And don't forget the cpc's.

But, one thing is bothering me. Is there an odd number of conductors connected to the top side of the choc block?

Ive tested with the multimeter and on each test I havent received a voltage reading , tested in Ohms with the power off and again nothing.

In theory, you should get 230V on red/black and continuity (on Ohms setting) when switch is on with brown/blue.

Have you tried the voltage between red/cpc?

I have managed to resolve this issue, thanks for all your help every 1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back