Bedside lights Horisontal chase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Quick question. I am installing two bedside lights which then have two 2 way switches each so they can both be switched from either side of the bed. I know I need to get the power from the ceiling light and chase down the wall to each light and one switch. The question is on the wire from each of the switches to the other switch. Could or should I chase a channel horizontally so it goes behind the bed or should it go back up the wall and down the other side?

What is the correct way to do it?

Thank you

Mark

Sponsored Links
If I read correctly you already have (or are going to have) TWO vertical channels - one to each light and switch.

So I would go back up to the ceiling and down the other side. It will be easier.

Although a horizontal chase between the two switches would be perfectly acceptable.

Thank you, Yes I will be putting in two vertical chases. I was not certain the best or acceptable way of doing it and if the horizontal chase was a no-no!

Thank you

Better still have two switches, one on either side, adjacent to the lamp and the lamp user.

Then run the lne from the ceiling down each chase bto the switch, then the lamp feed from the switch. So if she has to get up to sort the cat out at 3am at least she doesn't have to wake you :D

Sponsored Links
I'm still trying to figure out what was wrong with the existing two corded bedside lamps that plugged into the 13 amp sockets! Didn't have to chase them into the wall! :LOL: Guess I will find out once the cat is sorted!

I dont do a lot of domestic work but im pretty sure you could just use the two switch chases and just branch left or right from them to each light if it means less chasing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back