Benefits fraudsters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Check out this article. We seem to have got to point where benefits recipients are not even bothering to deny that they're exploiting the system. Indeed, as this article suggests, they seem to be proud of it. They seem to think that being a benefits scrouger is a normal and honest lifestyle option. Why oh why do our politicians allow this to happen? How can people admit in public interviews that they are not looking for work and still get away with not having their benefits stopped?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/work/article.html?in_article_id=514551&in_page_id=53928

Sponsored Links
because the government is full of pus pus's and the authorities are not doing their jobs properly.

I recently grassed a mate up, well i use mate very loosely - he just goes in my girlfriends hairdressing shop (shes a barber too) and i know him from there. He has had issues before regarding his health namely panic attacks, dizzy spells, can't walk far without panicing, can't be a passenger in a car, is diabetic with high blood pressure, so for the last 10 years or so has not worked and claims the appropriate benefit.

Well for the last 3/4 years at least i'd say he is much better if not fully cured, he say as much himself too to the point where he's been on holiday with his parents who drove but now he uses the fact that he has a pet dog to look after and says he cannot work as whos gonna look after the dog. After months and months of listening to his crap i rang the benefit fraud hotline, i gave a very detailed description, name, address, times of day he walks his dog, what he wears etc etc, to be told they very much appreciate my call and will do everything we can to pt an end to it but seeing as we get 600 calls a week then we may not even get around to it :mad:

What a waste of time that was, i've even thought about contacting Atos Healthcare so they can drag him in for an assesment, i believe they are one of the government appointed agencies who will assess everybody claiming sickness or disability allowance with a view of seeing what job they CAN DO instead of what job they CAN'T DO.

Wish me luck :D

Well done you Crank!!! Something's got to be done with these scrounging scabs. :mad:

Sponsored Links
So what's the point of spending millions on advertising the Benefit Fraud Hotline if they're not going to follow up every lead :rolleyes: :evil:

So your 'friend' recovered from their diabetes? or was their medicine better managed?
Diabetes unmanaged results in people losing the use of limbs, blindness, death, but managed correctly, with the correct drugs can be managed. Someone with diabetes can work, but would need time out to inject their life saving drugs. A pet has been a known cure for anxiety attacks. But they still have a life affirming deadly condition, that you reported them about? WTF!?

My Mother has diabetes, and, if she doesn't maintain regular tests, or eat the right food, she becomes severely depressed/aggressive, and you, due to lack of knowledge of a disease, want to stop them receiving money?? Just because diabetes is being managed, is it right to have a job that won't enable you to take the drug, or eat the right thing, at the right time?

If you get to be a diabetic, or know someone with it, then maybe you might not be such a monster.

I recall spending last Christmas, with my mother on life support as the diabetic drugs she was receiving, was conflicting with other drugs on prescription that she was receiving, and she was close to death, but people that have diabetes are a waste on society cowboy?

i rang the benefit fraud hotline, i gave a very detailed description, name, address, times of day he walks his dog, what he wears etc etc,

Just because someone can walk a dog for a few minutes is hardly a test of whether they are fit for work is it? Would you employ him?

So your on your high horse again Moody :rolleyes: , I'll try and clarify a few things in each paragraph for you....

1/ I used to work with someone once who was diabetic, every now and again he rolled up his jumper and injected himself in the stomach, not very pleasant to watch, for me anyway as i hate needles but second nature to him now. As far as aforementioned mate goes he takes tablets for his diabetes so dont give me that crap that you need a certain type of job which allows 'Time out'...........it takes seconds.

2/ As far as the pet goes he didn't get it for his health, he got it from his dole cheating, benefit scrounging lay about baby making brother who just happened to one day decide he would give away his dog to someone he talked to on a chatroom, 'mate' told mum and mum made dole cheating, benefit scrounging brother give it to him, who knows what fate lay ahead for the poor dog.

3/ My mother had 3 strokes and 2 heart attacks, had and was cured of cervical cancer but eventually surcomed to lung cancer, she still held down 3 jobs at just to make ends meet and the last 7 years of her life i moved back home to look after her, i dreaded the knock on my bedroom door, numerous times i was sat in an A+E ward with her from midnight till 9am till i had to go to work. I won't even go into what my dad died from but it was a similar ordeal.

So your not the only one.........MATE!!!

4/ On many occasions i came home from work to find my mum out of it, on the floor, lying in her own mess because the oramorph sent her into a zombie like state, she must of been on 30 different types of pills and to be taken at different times of the day, she used to tidy up before the home help arrived because she was embarassed, sometimes she would go and do the shopping, she never complained, she didn't want handouts, she came to this country after the war with NOTHING and she left with nothing.

Anyway enough of my parents problems.

This guy clearly has had health issues in the past, he may have been signed off work for good reason but the reasons he gave don't seem to affect him NOW.

1/ He said he gets dizzy spells when he walks, well thats strange cos now he walks his dog 3 times a day, walks 2 miles into town and back twice a day buying his silly little dvds from cash converters and PX ing them at CEX to make a few more quid. He has openly said he is much better and doesn't get these dizzy spells anymore

2/ He said he got panic attacks if he was in a car, he would litterally open the door and try to get out when still moving, he said his dad had to emergency stop once from 30mph because he was going to jump, yet now his parents take him on a holiday to the coast for a week and guess what................THEY DROVE!!! How can this be possible?

3/ He now says he could work but is hoping they don't catch up with him, he doesn't want work and has said as much, he's said if they force him to work then who will look after his dog, FFS i have a dog, i got her when i was out of work but now that i'm working she HAS to stay at home, yes she creates but tough......i have to work to pay my bills and i tell my 2 year old GSD that daddy has to go work so he can buy nice food for you......she seems to understand this lol ;)

I understand that some people can't work for whatever reason and i'm ok with that, thats what the benefit system is there for, there may come a time when i can't work, whether i claim or not is another thing, my parents bought me up proper see but this guy will not work and doesn't want to work, all i want is for Atos Healthcare to drag him in and re assess him as times have changed and so has his health problems, if they say he is still not well enough then so be it................but he knows different, he knows he's well enough now.

End of rant :evil:

There are plenty of fit and able people out there claiming and driving white vans, plastering, decorating etc, without obsessing about this guy. You don't know his health problems you are only guessing. Give it a rest.

crank39
Karma will see you right.

I have suffered from panic attacks for over twenty years, sometimes you don't get for a year or two, and it's NO laughing matter, or shouldn't be taken lightly, someone driving, having a panic attack, COULD put other peoples lives at risk.

I was on the sick for 4 years with it, but the powers that be, decided i wasn't ill enough, and told me off, i still suffer with it, and anxiety.

Sometimes you have good days, sometimes good months.

A lot of the time it can be hell, but, i am a benifit cheat anyway, so i would say that. :rolleyes:

EDIT, if your that worried about spongers, write to the government about the overspill of our coloured brethen, making their way from overseas, before spilling the beans, on something that's annoying you. :evil:

So what's the point of spending millions on advertising the Benefit Fraud Hotline if they're not going to follow up every lead :rolleyes: :evil:

Every referral gets sent to the local office fraud team. It is logged and then assessed.

It might be that the person has recently been investigated for a similar allegation, interviewed and the case closed. No wrong doing.

It might be that the person is not even in receipt of any benefit.

A lot of referrals are about people working. Just happens that they are actually declaring the work so no investigation. All referrals are looked at.

Some people are in receipt of DLA and outwardly appear quite well. They might be receiving DLA because although outwardly they appear well, they have in fact been given a year or less to live and so get DLA immediately. Hey some even go on to live for several years, but these awards are for life. They are going to die of cancer or AIDS etc, they have a death sentence.

The thought of me cleaning toilets for a resonable wage (£300) for a 40 week, will do me, but i need at least another 30-40 hours overtime, FFS, i will not work for peanuts, when MPs, (got me again!) fiddle, fook, and get paid millions and pensions, that's took them years to fiddle. Do one joe!

Sponsored Links
Back