Bent gas pipe with lots of joints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Recently the floor in my kitchen was taken up as part of refurbishment work.

While it was up, I noticed that the gas pipe leading to the boiler (about a meter away) looks somewhat wonky.

Is this a cause for concern at all?

I've attached a photo.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_131348.jpg
    IMG_20200411_131348.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 341
Sponsored Links
If it was me I would cut it out, protect the pipework and renew.

Is there no such thing as pride with peoples work these days?

Not the greatest work I’ve seen. Maybe best to get the 15mm upgraded to at least 22mm for when you get a new boiler eventually
Since you have the floor up

1. Many people do take pride in the work they do. However, in my experience, fewer customers:
1a. Understand what it means.
1b. Are prepared to pay for it. Quote to do a good job and you lose to someone who will throw it in.
2. In the instance above, it may well have been a question of access which determined a sub-optimal job.
3. As others above have suggested, it would be nice to cut out and renew, and upgrade to 22 mm while there is access.

Sponsored Links
Looks like the fitter ran out of elbows.

Jeeeshhh, all they needed to do was keep it straight and bend a swept ninety into it at the top, I presume they had benders given they had already bent a 45 into it. Or subtly pulled over a knee :sneaky:

@homeowner123 , not really a cause for concern but what boiler do you have (make and size) and how much of the pipe up to the boiler is reduced to 15mm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back