best all round combi drill ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have been doing a fair bit of diy over the last year and my wickes cheapo drill has now given up the ghost so i have decided to invest in a decent new drill

i have just had a bit of a look but it seems a bit of a minefield and i dont really have a clue!

could anyone recomend a decent drill for general around the house diy

i have been told to look for makita or dewalt but that is about where my knowledge ends !

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
1st thing is price?
also what are you looking to do with it?is it a cordless you want or a corded drill.

i personally would recommend 'BOSCH'

others would say ryobi (pah) :LOL:

but you are correct it is a mind field.

looking to spend 100 tops really

im looking for cordeless ideally

use it for alsorts really drilling timber and screwing mainly

however also sometimes needing to drill into masonry which i was finding a struggle with my other hammer drill, but i guess a combi drill would not do tough old bricks aswell ?

unless you try on ebay for a decent drill,then i think your options are fairly limited.
also take a look in screwfix.

Sponsored Links
1st thing is price?
also what are you looking to do with it?is it a cordless you want or a corded drill.

i personally would recommend 'BOSCH'

others would say ryobi (pah) :LOL:

but you are correct it is a mind field.

£80 hammer drill angle driver that fit the ryobi 30 tools you can buy seperatly
http://www.tjhughes.co.uk/fcp/product/brands-for-less//Ryobi-2P-Combi-Drill-and-Angle-Drill/5703
all tools fit all batteries in the one plus range old and new
http://ryobi-oneplus.co.uk/

hi, i have the makita and i love it, good all rounder, last week i drilled a 8mm hole 90 mm into masonary, but i use it mainly at work for drilling into timber and screwdriving, it will cut a 72 mm hole, using a hole saw into 15mm ply no problem, and drive in just about any screw you want ive not found one yet it couldnt,

a mate at work has the hitachi and swears by it, i dont think its great for drilling but im not sure on that one, hope you find a good drill :)

tom

will that makita crank has posted go through tought masonry brick ?

we live in a 1930's house and the bricks are a nightmare im sure they used engineering brick to build the house !

If your bricks are that tough, no combi will do. You'd need an SDS.

Bosch everything all the way, Bosch cordless (preferably Lithium batteries although you'll not get them inside your budget) and Bosch SDS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back