Best Budget Dash Cam?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For a student on limited means.....

Limited means is defined as "I can't afford that much for a dash cam, but will still find money to go out with my mates..."

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lidl have deals from time to time. I like the nextbase range. Alternatively a spy cam on loop. £35.

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Google Mobius. Mine cost £75 each.

No GPS, no monitor, but excellent picture/sound and small enough not to be intrusive or noticeable by thieves.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have occasionally watched some youtube videos by "Ashley Neil" - a driving instructor - his videos are nice and clear.
Yet his dash camera in not expensive.
have a look at some of his videos - the cameras he uses are in the section below the video.
Yi Dash cam - https://amzn.to/2IUWx1p
Yi Dash cam Ultra - https://amzn.to/2pMlLGi

Also check out "techmoan" on youtube - he reviews a lot of dashcams.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used to have a Nextbase camera & the internal battery didn't last very long at all. After about a year or so, when I switched the engine off, the internal battery would die instantly meaning that the camera didn't save the last 3 minute capture. Not much use if an incident had occured.
I got around this by using super capacitors instead - these worked a treat.
I then found the footage was not the best being only 720p, so I replaced it with an Apeman camera from Amazon (1080p). Available now for about £30.
This one has been far superior, internal battery still going strong after ~ 2 years.
Downsides - metal construction, needs a good mounting, rare s/w bug where it "charge cycles" meaning that the screen doesn't go to sleep (probably done this three times maybe).
I don't use sound, GPS or shock sensing, so cannot comment on these features.
Here is some dark, wet night footage of some idiot pulling out infront of me - sorry I don't have any daytime footage to hand, but I can provide some if you wish.

Sponsored Links