Best Car For Newly Qualified Driver

Sponsored Links
try putting yourself or Mrs secures as a named driver on the policy

It can reduce the costs, but if the insurers smell even a vague rat, they'll cancel the policy, and the kid would then be driving without insurance, and no payout if there was an accident. Not worth the risk nowadays.

Manual van, auto car.

Sponsored Links
Putting someone on as a named driver is not a problem, unless that person is going to use it most of the time. Me & SWMBO have seperate policies & they allow you to drive other people's cars, except hers won't allow her to drive a spouses car. I had to put her on mine as a named driver as we swap cars a bit, it knocked £70 off my premium.

Named driver is ok.

Dont attempt fronting though, insurers take a dim view of it........

How is a 17 yo boy going to pull girls in a Hyundai i10 automatic? They'll be asking if he has his granny's permission to borrow her car.

It can reduce the costs, but if the insurers smell even a vague rat, they'll cancel the policy, and the kid would then be driving without insurance, and no payout if there was an accident. Not worth the risk nowadays.

Manual van, auto car.

Just need to be upfront about who is the main driver, that's all.

Just need to be upfront about who is the main driver, that's all

You're right, but if the insurance company decides you're being naughty, they'll deny any claim, and you've got to fight it. They'll also determine that mum and dad have got their own cars, and it's just a ruse to lower the premiums. Now if mum and dad have only one car between them, you can justify them being on the sons car, but without that, it's a risk.

Made me think of The Inbetweeners when one of them is given a yellow Fiat Seicento (?) as his first car!

Prices may be a bit out of date but .......

lambs pre war.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back