Best Car For Newly Qualified Driver

What about getting a classic car? No MOT required, also might be some loophole for insurance. Might be worth looking into.

Sponsored Links
I was talking to a bloke who lives in Spain & he said that the insurance out there is on the car . i.e not the driver and car

so if the car is insured any one can drive it providing they hold a licence and have the owners permission ???

Can you get a new small car on a contract deal to include insurance? Vauxhall and Peugeot come to mind.

My daughter paid £2300 on a 2013 1.0 Corsa Ecoflex when she was 17.

Now she is 20 the same car costs her £900.

I'm a named driver and it did save her about £200 first time round, not sure about the last time.

Sponsored Links
My daughter paid £2300 on a 2013 1.0 Corsa Ecoflex when she was 17.

Now she is 20 the same car costs her £900.

I'm a named driver and it did save her about £200 first time round, not sure about the last time.
Jeez.... £2300! yikes!

Isn't that the price of equality?

It was deemed wrong to charge girls less than boys, so ... they didn't reduce the price for boys.

Shop around. There's no bleedin loyalty bonus any more. Or rather, there is, just for new customers.

Why not talk to an insurance broker if insurance is the driving factor behind the choice?
Just done this today. They can't tell me! All they can say is, put his details into an on-line quote and see what it comes up with.....WTF????

try putting yourself or Mrs secures as a named driver on the policy. I am told this can reduce the premium. Also at £1000 you are getting into shaky territory in terms of the actual vehicle itself.

It doesn't really any more. Insurance companies got wise to it. I have my old man on my policy should he need to drive my cars but it costs me more to do so.

I don't understand the reluctance to use automatics.

I don't use them because I don't see the need for them aside from the fact I don't want my every move logged. It doesn't make you a better driver it just holds you more accountable via the wallet.

I
Don't
Use
Them
Because
I
Don't
See
The
Point
Aside
From