Best combi boiler for under £1000 supply only

Sponsored Links
Gloworm Betacom is now an A rated pre-mix boiler . Very , very similar to the new Heatline boilers , Heatline are owned by Gloworm/Vaillant !

There is IMO , a good argument / logic in installing the intergas , the logic being it has less moving parts than other combi's which = less to go wrong . The intergas is basically the same boiler as the Atmos , or to put it another way Intergas also manufacture the Atmos variant ! Atmos offer greater flueing variations than Intergas though !!

There are probably in excess of 40 or 50 gas boiler manu's / importers in the UK , all flogging them to some one , the term boiler manu can be some what mis leading a more acurate description might be boiler assemblers , alot of the parts are generic , eg intergas use the same make of fan as J&s reno's , worcestor / Bosch use the same gas valves as Ravenheat , elbi divertor valve motors are in many boilers ect ect , asfaik the same company that own Wilo pumps own Viessman boilers (?) who manufacture alot of the cheap & tacky plastic hydroblocks that appear on many boilers , which may well turn out to be carp in the long run ( maybe ?)

Unfortunately you have not given the most important information!

How many people live there?

What is the dynamic flow rate available from your mains supply?

How many outlets are required to work at the same time?

Without that basic information no one can give you proper advice on the best boiler/system.

I am also amused by you setting a "budget" of £1000 for the boiler!

In my view your arbitrary figure is irrelevant as you seem to have ccome to the conclusion that you want the best system/performance.

Most better combi boilers are about £600-£1100 to buy.

Most installers have their own pet boilers. Sometimes thats determined by their discounts rather than their choice of the best performance. Or in some cases they are only familiar with how to fit a few makes/models and dont want to have to learn about new types.

Tony

Currently only 2 people live at the property but we do have people come to stay on a regular basis.

Normally only one outlet is in use at any one time because we have become accustomed to the boiler not being able to keep up. Any more than one outlet at a time and there is massive influence on water temp.

I am unsure what my dynamic flow rate is, i will have to measure it for you. Do you want the flow rate figures from the same level the boiler is mounted at?

My water main pressure is normally about 3bar depending on time of day.

I know as a rule of thumb you get what you pay for but i do not want to spend £1100 on a boiler if the is another boiler of equal spec for £900. There seems to be many companies out there that think because they have a good name they can command a greater price than other companies for in essence the same product.

My choice on intaller is not in stone. I do not mind paying an installer who is familiar with my choice of boiler to make sure it is done properly.

Regards

Bruno

£1100 ?? go to B&Q 7 u can buy 2 monza boilers for that 1 on the wall other 1 for spares , monza = heatline = owned by vaillant ;)

Sponsored Links
Ever fancied a Lamborgini ?? well u can have for less than a £1000 , choice of 4 colours as well red , black, white or silver ;) they will even give u a 7 year warranty on it !

How about free hot water ? in the winter months ? well a certain amount of free hot water , probably available with a £1100 budget ??

Intergas all the way

Yes quite agree ! in the combustion chamber there was a post about the reliability of the intergas asking what about problems.......

seems they are so reliable no one posted any bad experiences, which speaks volumes with a five year warranty on parts and labour what more could you ask for ?

regarding wb ask in any parts place about problems ..........heat exchanger problems left hand plastic hydro block pin holing seems a lot think they're living on their past glory !!!!!!!

Gloworm Betacom is now an A rated pre-mix boiler . Very , very similar to the new Heatline boilers , Heatline are owned by Gloworm/Vaillant !

There is IMO , a good argument / logic in installing the intergas , the logic being it has less moving parts than other combi's which = less to go wrong . The intergas is basically the same boiler as the Atmos , or to put it another way Intergas also manufacture the Atmos variant ! Atmos offer greater flueing variations than Intergas though !!

There are probably in excess of 40 or 50 gas boiler manu's / importers in the UK , all flogging them to some one , the term boiler manu can be some what mis leading a more acurate description might be boiler assemblers , alot of the parts are generic , eg intergas use the same make of fan as J&s reno's , worcestor / Bosch use the same gas valves as Ravenheat , elbi divertor valve motors are in many boilers ect ect , asfaik the same company that own Wilo pumps own Viessman boilers (?) who manufacture alot of the cheap & tacky plastic hydroblocks that appear on many boilers , which may well turn out to be carp in the long run ( maybe ?)

Exactly............wheres the hydroblock on an Intergas !
:LOL: :LOL:

Had a think & I am back :) slug of hot water when it is 1st turned on (when heating is on as well) tmv may be required ? scaling of 10mm hot water pipe in the heat exc block ?? maybe not so easy to de scale ?

Condensate corrosion on ally block & sump ? in particular those fitted to LPg early days in the UK market ? 5 year warranty pobably under written by D&G ( possibly ?) payed for at point of sale ?? maybe ??

Ever fancied a Lamborgini ?? well u can have for less than a £1000 , choice of 4 colours as well red , black, white or silver ;) they will even give u a 7 year warranty on it !

How about free hot water ? in the winter months ? well a certain amount of free hot water , probably available with a £1100 budget ??

Okaaaay ( :head scratch )

Maybe you should ask yourself this question:
"Why would an uncle of a friend do you any favours?"

Because he came to me a little while ago with a running fault on his car which i spent half a day finding and fixing. I did not charge him a penny.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back