Best combi boiler for under £1000 supply only

To gasbanni and transam, Are the down sides to the Intergas list above bad or is it just nitpicking at what is otherwise a good boiler?

The latter I've fitted them has transam ?

In the combustion chamber that you need to be gas registered to get in
belive me they are RATED !!!!

Sponsored Links
Looks like my dynamic flow rate at the same hight as my boiler is 19 lt/min.
I also managed to find the spec of my current boiler that dose not keep up and
it is 23kw.

What kw power rating do you guys think i will need?

Sponsored Links
gasbanni";p="2082401 said:
Had a think & I am back :) slug of hot water when it is 1st turned on (when heating is on as well) tmv may be required ? scaling of 10mm hot water pipe in the heat exc block ?? maybe not so easy to de scale ?

Condensate corrosion on ally block & sump ? in particular those fitted to LPg early days in the UK market ? 5 year warranty pobably under written by D&G ( possibly ?) payed for at point of sale ?? maybe ??

slug of hot water Tony posted on this months back irrelevant.............
In all the years Ive worked in heating complaints about hot water in domestic nil not water not hot enough loads and it doesnt last long some people find that usefull ........true !!! theyr'e impressed and see it as fast !

Gloworm had a similar type boiler years ago , which caused an intial slug of hot water at high temp ect as I understand it they were sued over the affair I beleive there was a post in the CC a good while back about this think it was DM who brought this to my attention ??

Looks like my dynamic flow rate at the same hight as my boiler is 19 lt/min.
I also managed to find the spec of my current boiler that dose not keep up and
it is 23kw.

What kw power rating do you guys think i will need?

Well that could depend on how much hot water you are happy with eg flow rate eg litres per minute ???
24 kw combi = 9.5 ( ish ) litres a minute at a 35 deg temp rise so if your incoming main has a a temp of 10 you will get 9.5 litres at 45 simples !

28 kw 11.5 ( ish ) 32kw 13 litres , 40 kw 17 (ish ) for interest purposes
google in Energycatcher , than look at combistore ???

DHW flow is important because my shower runs straight off the boiler and has a mixer tap. By the time i get any decent water flow through my shower the boiler can not keep up and runs warm at best.
All outlets, hot and cold are fed direct from the mains.

You obviously prefer a high flow rate from your shower, in which case you need a larger boiler - say 35kW.

I spoke to a guy today who tried to convince me that A 28 Kw boiler would not only be sufficient but would produce more hot water than i would ever need. He kept pushing A Main Eco 28HE :?:

Spoke to another guy today who seemed very clued up and helpful and he told me the first guy is full of sh!t. He reckons the boiler the first guy recommended was poor and under sized for what i want. He also said the reason he was pushing was probably because the was good money in it for him and not because it was a good product. The second guy also said he will supply any boiler i ask him for and will be straight with the pros and cons of anything i ask about. I did ask him about a WB Greenstar CDI 37Kw and he said it was a good boiler, reliable, more than adequate for my DHW needs with head room but it's a little over priced for what it is.

A few questions for all of you on here:

So is it about 35 Kw I need?

What are any ones thoughts on the WB Greenstar CDI 37Kw?

What else is there similar to the WB Greenstar CDI 37Kw

Regards

Bruno

I like the Intergas but won't be installing any for the following reasons.

* No technical literature was available on their course.

* Despite tiny UK sales (so far) they operate a strict merchant only policy for goods and spares. Nothing wrong with that, til' you discover no-one stocks them.

* Can't get them to post literature (4 phone attemps).

If installer quality (as most of us advise) is more important than the boiler, then the same might apply when choosing suppliers.

I agree although I like the idea of the boiler two request via the website for training course. Nothing. So therefore company not organised enough. I'll stick with the known makes.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/Worcester_Combi_Boiler__5318846/Start/15

Read a few reviews here's some to start with seems you've got your heart set on a worcester best of british

Fair play some of the boilers were working, not a high % though, thats WB for you. ;)

dose not look like anything in the WB is going to be for me after reading those reviews. Reliability is key for me other wise i may as well keep my old and under power one alive now i know it inside out lol

I like the Intergas but won't be installing any for the following reasons.

* No technical literature was available on their course.

* Despite tiny UK sales (so far) they operate a strict merchant only policy for goods and spares. Nothing wrong with that, til' you discover no-one stocks them.

* Can't get them to post literature (4 phone attemps).

If installer quality (as most of us advise) is more important than the boiler, then the same might apply when choosing suppliers.

I agree although I like the idea of the boiler two request via the website for training course. Nothing. So therefore company not organised enough. I'll stick with the known makes.

Intergas rep was in continual contact and organised course, a simple boiler, tech info was there, strip down of boiler, demonstrated few areas to look out for..........and they stated they've never had a heat exchanger failure............Do I belive that statement...........yeah I think I do.

wb have been having problems with their heat exchangers & hrdro blocks

:eek:

Replaced fan on 28I junior yesterday, they had 6 in stock.

Went back today for another one, none left. (different job, still WB :rolleyes: )

WB sure do eat fans, never mind it will be pcb's next.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back