Best combi boiler for under £1000 supply only

To gasbanni and transam, Are the down sides to the Intergas list above bad or is it just nitpicking at what is otherwise a good boiler?

Sponsored Links
Ever fancied a Lamborgini ?? well u can have for less than a £1000 , choice of 4 colours as well red , black, white or silver ;) they will even give u a 7 year warranty on it !

How about free hot water ? in the winter months ? well a certain amount of free hot water , probably available with a £1100 budget ??

Okaaaay ( :head scratch )

Lamborgini make boilers :D well the Lamborgini name & badge are fitted to some Ferroli's , u could be the talk of your street , the boiler could be a toplc of conversation , visitors to your home could be invited to look at your boiler :)

As for free hot water I was at a manu the other day when they showed me & demonstrated to me a flue heat recovery/ storage system fitted to there combi , worked very well ! free hot water to an extent ? will only come into play in the winter months when the central heating is being used !

Lamborgini make boilers :D well the Lamborgini name & badge are fitted to some Ferroli's , u could be the talk of your street , the boiler could be a toplc of conversation , visitors to your home could be invited to look at your boiler :)

As for free hot water I was at a manu the other day when they showed me & demonstrated to me a flue heat recovery/ storage system fitted to there combi , worked very well ! free hot water to an extent ? will only come into play in the winter months when the central heating is being used !

A quick Google make me a believer :eek:

http://www.r-and-m.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=2

As for the heat recovery sytem you talk about i have already heard and read some info on it. Seems a good idea in principle

To gasbanni and transam, Are the down sides to the Intergas list above bad or is it just nitpicking at what is otherwise a good boiler?

proabably nit picking on my part , the Intergas is with out a doubt growing in popularity , I have not seen one , but I have been to the Atmos set up , who sell there own ( made by intergas ) version of it , the heat exc is a pretty impressive peice of kit , think BMW had something to do with the casting/ consultants , Atmos would recommend that if the boiler is on LPG it should be checked /serviced twice a year for the 1st 2 years I think ??) LPg is more agressive to ally than NG ! Incidentally the heat exc is designed to with stand dry firing ( no water ) not that u would want to do that ! there is a case on record of an intergas heat exc problem ( despite whaat some might say :) ) but this was a casting fault !
The argument / logic behind the intergas is no plate exc / divertor valve ect so less to go wrong ( time will tell ?) however this concept is not new !

As for the flue heat recovery / free hot water if I go into that I may well incur the wrath of some ?? :) but

Sponsored Links
I like the Intergas but won't be installing any for the following reasons.

* No technical literature was available on their course.

* Despite tiny UK sales (so far) they operate a strict merchant only policy for goods and spares. Nothing wrong with that, til' you discover no-one stocks them.

* Can't get them to post literature (4 phone attemps).

If installer quality (as most of us advise) is more important than the boiler, then the same might apply when choosing suppliers.

I like the Intergas but won't be installing any for the following reasons.

* No technical literature was available on their course.

* Despite tiny UK sales (so far) they operate a strict merchant only policy for goods and spares. Nothing wrong with that, til' you discover no-one stocks them.

* Can't get them to post literature (4 phone attemps).

If installer quality (as most of us advise) is more important than the boiler, then the same might apply when choosing suppliers.

All lit can be down loaded , but u make a fair point Tibbot
You could go the Atmos route , they have the opposite policy only available through them direct for boilers & spares , problem with them is they have no service personell as such ( afaik ) it works on a service partner type set up ! Incidentally Atmos are also an install company !

As Intergas say their boilers dont break down then obviously they dont need any service personel !

Transam you had every opportunity to visit Intergas when the CC trip was planned.

All lit can be down loaded

I understand that, the point I'm making is this:

Eg. "Ah, you recommend which boiler"?

"Intergas madam, would you like these scraps of paper I've printed off for you"?

"Oh thanks, what a quality presentation. Can I have a copy for my neighbour"?

"Of course just give me 6 hours to go home and print another and don't worry, I'm sure I won't have as much grief getting you spare parts for it".

I've always found Intergas to be extremely helpful, I've never tried phoning them but email replies are always prompt. Spares shouldn't that hard to get hold of, not that I've tried, but I have three merchants within 15 miles who are dealers and I'd expect them to rustle up something quick-sharp if I needed anything, especially Plumbase who got me converted onto them in the first place.

Going on their training course a week on Monday, should be interesting.

As Intergas say their boilers dont break down then obviously they dont need any service personel !

Transam you had every opportunity to visit Intergas when the CC trip was planned.

This is correct , but I had already done the Atmos one 2 weeks previously
Razor was there as well :) I need to be careful what I say on some of these courses now , u never know who u might bump into :) have to work out if I have ever up set some one on here or in the CC !

Was up at Raven last friday there were about 20 of us , Mr Wilson is a sraight talking. knowledgeable fella , a most imformative day out in my veiw , worth the trip ( IMHO)

"Intergas madam, would you like these scraps of paper I've printed off for you"?

"Oh thanks, what a quality presentation. Can I have a copy for my neighbour"?

"Of course just give me 6 hours to go home and print another and don't worry, I'm sure I won't have as much grief getting you spare parts for it".

I see were u are coming from now ( makes sense ) something that we should consider more often !!!

Not my experience at all, my local Plumbase have seemingly endless stocks of proper customer literature for the entire Intergas range, brochures look quite nice too :)

Not my experience at all, my local Plumbase have seemingly endless stocks of proper customer literature for the entire Intergas range, brochures look quite nice too :)

In that case I'll re-phrase.

"Yes madam, just nipping to Devon to get a hard copy".

Had a think & I am back :) slug of hot water when it is 1st turned on (when heating is on as well) tmv may be required ? scaling of 10mm hot water pipe in the heat exc block ?? maybe not so easy to de scale ?

Condensate corrosion on ally block & sump ? in particular those fitted to LPg early days in the UK market ? 5 year warranty pobably under written by D&G ( possibly ?) payed for at point of sale ?? maybe ??

slug of hot water Tony posted on this months back irrelevant.............
In all the years Ive worked in heating complaints about hot water in domestic nil not water not hot enough loads and it doesnt last long some people find that usefull ........true !!! theyr'e impressed and see it as fast !

scaling I never come accross in my area........ cant you get electric gizmos to stop it and wouldnt that apply to any boiler ?
Other points clutching at straws 5 years is only offered if youve been on their course, payed for at point of sale ...no cos its the same price for two years or five just down to installer training ally block and sump better than bl00dy plastic that pin holes or cracks !!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back