Best method to filling coving gaps please help thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Could anyone please assist me on the best method for filling in gaps between coving corners. Sadly, my plasterer could not level the walls or ceilings in my home when re-plastering the home. The condition of the walls and ceiling were much worse and out of level by far, though, things have greatly improved but to the eye my plasterer did the best he could to level the walls ceilings and fortunately i was now able to put up the coving where i couldn't before.

My problem : There are some gaps in between some of the corners and i just wondered what method you guys would use to fill these gaps so that once painted/sanded the coving looks flush without no gaps or cracks appearing, like as if the gaps were not there in the first place.

I was thinking of using a light weight filler but was not sure. I have posted the photos below of the gaps. I would greatly appreciate any advice you guys have on the best method to ensure a flush smooth un-noticed is met once the coving is painted.

Thank you to all in advance.

F28NcuF.jpg

Iqrvf8t.jpg

Vffz2Jd.jpg

Sponsored Links
White filler. The pros just push it in and smooth it with a finger and pallet knife. Nothing to it!

Use a fine filler like Polyfiller Onefill -- makes sanding down afterwards a lot easier. Caulk will just leave a skin that'll look obvious.

Sponsored Links
I would have thought if this was a "Plasterer" he would have finished off the job by filling and making good.

The "Dobs" of Adhesive will have gone hard by now and will be a " Pig of a Job" to cut away and smooth off, the excess adhesive should have been wiped away as the job progressed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back