best under cabinet kitchen lights?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise on the fitting of under-cabinet lights. Never had success in the past but then I did buy bargains from IKEA !

Be happy to spend some money this time but should I go for mains or low voltage, halogen or LED .... etc
Anyone recommend a system or manufacturer, that will give me reliable and effective lights?

Sponsored Links
I used to buy Osram slim fluorescent fittings but not sure if they're still around.

I wouldnt go with anything other than LED now,

I fitted some flourescent ones a while ago from screwfix and have had no issues, but had to fit them due to the inability to find reasonably priced replacement lamps for the fitting that was there to begin with

Sponsored Links
LED all the way. They're fantastic.

They are super discreet fittings, very energy efficient, can be cut to any length and run round corners, and there are no lamps to replace.

How much light do you get off LED strip lights?

Would you use them to light the work surface or are they used to give a lighting effect?

How much light do you get off LED strip lights?

It depends on the amount of light that they emit!
This is quoted on the product details in LUMENS.

Google "Lumens" and find a comparison with other light sources, then you'll know what to look for.

Okay I realise I just asked how long is a piece of string.

Is there any particular type of LED tape that's better as a under cabinet light source if you're looking for lighting rather than mood effects?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back