Best way of overriding a fuse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Being in the Theatre/Lighting business I've come across many peoples rather inventive ways of bypassing fuses in plugs & dimmers ect, mostly involving foil, nails, pins....
This is a new one on me, I almost admire the effort they went to to make it sort of neat. Rubber cable as well, oh dear.

View media item 37281
Hope it makes you chuckle, did me when I opened it :D

Sponsored Links
I can see what's wrong, theres no sleeves on the live/neutral pins. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
n770874586_472063_5804.jpg

have they used a netural pin

or filled off the top of the fuse holder and drilled and tapped a screw in ?

RF - love that handy cut out and keep guide! Do you have the corresponding fuse curves?

Yeap, seen that too many times.

Also had one lampie try to convince me that "special" 13A plugs are available, from good suppliers, that don't have fuses....just for lighting!

Almost as good as the widow maker ....... two times 13A plugs to a 32A ceeform socket :eek:

I did see one pic of a micro-wave in a military mess that had the fuse replaced by........ a bullet casing!

Adrian

Also had one lampie try to convince me that "special" 13A plugs are available, from good suppliers, that don't have fuses....just for lighting!
There are (or were) special "13A" plugs without fuses available for hospital portable X-ray machines.

I did see one pic of a micro-wave in a military mess that had the fuse replaced by........ a bullet casing!
True story:

I once saw a Gurkah at Bisley who was using 9mm rounds (yup, live ammunition) as earplugs on a pistol range.

Not true story (but funny, and I was reminded of it by the microwave "fuse" above:

http://blogcritics.org/culture/article/darwin-award-candidate-arkansas-man-shoots/

Almost as good as the widow maker ....... two times 13A plugs to a 32A ceeform socket :eek:

n703561347_1981440_7923.jpg

:eek:
Ooooh that looks like a good idea, I need a 32A supply for my new coffee machine in my coffee shop, this looks just the ticket. Where can I get the supplies for this? Or do they make them pre-made? Cheers.

I wouldn't if I were you... the IP rating of the Ceeform has been compromised. ;) Better put a JB in between :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back