Best way to turn a pull switch into a normal switch in the bathroom

Sponsored Links
no idea what a stud wall is so cant answer that. i think its plaster. there is a switch there already actually for the landing. i could make tht a double and add this in?
That is certaily a possibility if it is a stud wall.
....but wireless feels the easiest?
Very probably the easiest to install, but much more likely to 'go wrong' than a simple switch.

Kind Regards, John

I'm in the same boat and looking for a "good" wireless switch (well 2 actually).

MK are very expensive but I suppose you get what you pay for..

Best way to turn a pull switch into a normal switch in the bathroom
upload_2018-1-21_16-14-51.png

Sponsored Links
That is certaily a possibility if it is a stud wall.
Very probably the easiest to install, but much more likely to 'go wrong' than a simple switch.

Kind Regards, John

i could always drill through the window frame at the top too...dont even need to go through the wall

i could always drill through the window frame at the top too...dont even need to go through the wall
If you were going to have the switch outside (maybe in combination with the present landing one), you wouldn't even need to do that - none of the wiring would be inside the bathroom.

Kind Regards, John

[JUST]
There are tiles in my bathroom which if you tap them might make you think there is a stud wall underneath.
[/SAYIN]

If you were going to have the switch outside (maybe in combination with the present landing one), you wouldn't even need to do that - none of the wiring would be inside the bathroom.

Kind Regards, John

so this means picking the wires up in the loft and then drilling down through the loft and latching onto the existing switch (but turning it into a double).

so this means picking the wires up in the loft and then drilling down through the loft and latching onto the existing switch (but turning it into a double).
Yep, something along those lines.

Since there will probably already be a cable going from the loft down to the existing (landing) switch, it's quite possible that you will not have to drill any additional holes.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back