BFT control panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We currently have a BFT control panel for the local residents that apparently is managing over 140 fobs.
We want to delete all fobs and reassign them as part of an audit process.
From reading the manual, it appears the function used on the control panel is erase64.
What does the 64 refer to? Does it mean the maximum number of fobs that can be programmed?
I don't want to delete all the fobs to find out only a max of 64 can be added, and to add more there's a hack or something.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
IMG_1622.PNG IMG_1623.PNG Unless you have access to a programmer you should leave it !

Right, I've got it figured out. There's actually two controllers. One is the Thalia P model and acts as the master, the other is RTD 2048 which acts as the slave.

I need to programme against the slave which allows 2048 transmitters to be programmed.

Well, I know how to add remotes to the Thalia P, and from the manual for the RTD it doesn't look like rocket science.

I'm only deleting and adding transmitters. Nothing else

We currently have a BFT control panel for the local residents that apparently is managing over 140 fobs.
Who is "we", and what is your involvement with them?

Do they, and the 140 people who rely on the system working properly, know that it is going to be fiddled with by someone who has to ask a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet how it works and what to do?

We want to delete all fobs and reassign them as part of an audit process.
That will only be a colossal waste of time and effort.

It will also cause problems and complaints from those who have to use it.

In order to add every fob to the system after bulk deleting them all, you will have to have all of the fobs present at the time, which will mean collecting all of them from all of the people who have them. Those same persons then will have no way of accessing the property until the fobs are returned.
That's before you discover some of the fobs are clones, some won't be recognised by the system, some will require new batteries, and those people who are away or on holiday can't get in any more, etc.

Systems like that have next to no security even when used properly - removing 'old' fobs from the system won't change anything.

I'm a bit late to this post as I was searching for help setting parameters on the Thalia P control panel but if helpful here is the instruction manual Thalia P Control Panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back