BG guys, fall on a condensate pipe ?

Sponsored Links
NOt really on topic, but I noted the comment about the way Worcester's discharge their condensate. They do it batches, of about 50cc? at a time is it?

The Flexicoms seem to produces a continuous trickle and are much more prone to icing up, or so it seems to me

how much co2 does a condenser save and how much does a trace wire create

Mate they run on 24v and an atmosphere thermostat, running costs are a couple of quid a year. I'm pretty sure you could also link them into a switched live off the boiler aswell to try and reduce that a little.

regardless of what they use, it becomes a joke when someone has to bring out another energy using device to get over the problem of t0ssers that havent got the ability to install boilers correctly, obviously you think this is a wonderful invention :rolleyes:

how much co2 does a condenser save and how much does a trace wire create

Mate they run on 24v and an atmosphere thermostat, running costs are a couple of quid a year. I'm pretty sure you could also link them into a switched live off the boiler aswell to try and reduce that a little.

regardless of what they use, it becomes a joke when someone has to bring out another energy using device to get over the problem of t0ssers that havent got the ability to install boilers correctly, obviously you think this is a wonderful invention :rolleyes:

you obviously don't.

if you are going to post ****e like you have with no figures to back it up don't be surprised when someone pulls you up for it.

apart from the fact that not every boiler can be installed in a position that will allow for the C pipe to be in a heated space, plenty of correctly installed C pipes outside will freeze no matter what you do.

the real joke is the number of people who don't understand that.

Sponsored Links
you obviously don't.

absolutly spot on.

if you are going to post s***te like you have with no figures to back it up don't be surprised when someone pulls you up for it.

why are my comments ****e, why do i need to waste my time looking into figures on a piece of equipment that i never intend to use, after all i have a life. i believe and that is, i, think it is a poor idea, move the boiler if poss, if not i think i would rather use a conlift, may use more electric and may pack up, at least i know it aint gonna freeze so the poor customer isn't on here trying to understand why their boiler isn't working, then again i cant be bothered to find out the difference on running costs between the two as i wouldn't use either which must mean i am a bit more choosy in my work. Lucky me.

Yea add that to all the cleanser shoved down the drains, and production of inhibitors/cleansers and empty plastic bottles condensate pump condensate neutralizer extra plastic waste pipes flue analizer etc etc ad nauseum, and the finale, these pieces of crap last about 10 years if your lucky, wooooowww, save the planet hippy man....., I don't care, it's great for business, just like BG, but don't expect me to believe all this condenser green crap.

This industry is so good at believing it's own bulllshitt.

Most, not all ;) of the gas fitters here make me :LOL: Has no one witnessed frozen pipes - and the causes :rolleyes: In the 80`s freeze I was under a block of maisonettes thawing out 4 inch soil pipes hung horizontally - with a roofers blow torch :eek: : Stick to the techy stuf guys - leave the commonsense stuff to plumbers :mrgreen:

Dealing with sh#t pipes your welcome to it :LOL:

Anyway, the nub of the matter is, the Condensate pipe isn't fitted to Glowworms instructions, it's not a bit out it's way out, it's only just over 12 months old, and the ignorant fokkers wont sort it without payment, meanwhile a guy with a heart condition and his wife were freezing, and BG said 4 days, well looking at the pile of fancy bullshitt blurb of welcome to BG ad nauseum with the installation instructions, and we are so good we cream our pants etc etc etc, it's a rather poor do, especially for what they will have paid for the installation.

I haven't been in this game very long, about 40 years, but I was under the impression that you had your boiler on when it was cold, the colder it is the more your gonna use it, perhaps we should have a new Part 1bullshitt reg, boilers not to be used if temperature below 0deg, we could fit a stat to disable the boiler if the temp goes below 1deg, that would sort out all this condensate freeze ups inconvenience for such as BG to contend with.

why are my comments s***te, why do i need to waste my time looking into figures on a piece of equipment that i never intend to use, after all i have a life. i believe and that is, i, think it is a poor idea, move the boiler if poss, if not i think i would rather use a conlift, may use more electric and may pack up, at least i know it aint gonna freeze so the poor customer isn't on here trying to understand why their boiler isn't working, then again i cant be bothered to find out the difference on running costs between the two as i wouldn't use either which must mean i am a bit more choosy in my work. Lucky me.

you prefer a C-pump that will be in operation all year round rather than the TL that is in use for maybe three months? clever reasoning.

as i said before not everyone can move the boiler, or wants to when there is a clear solution that costs less and has less short term disruption. if there is no other clear option you would just walk away without even discussing it with the customer?

to post that its a waste of energy and not have anything to back it up is just stupid.

Anyway, the nub of the matter is, the Condensate pipe isn't fitted to Glowworms instructions, it's not a bit out it's way out, it's only just over 12 months old, and the ignorant fokkers wont sort it without payment, meanwhile a guy with a heart condition and his wife were freezing, and BG said 4 days, well looking at the pile of fancy bullshitt blurb of welcome to BG ad nauseum with the installation instructions, and we are so good we cream our pants etc etc etc, it's a rather poor do, especially for what they will have paid for the installation.

i agree it should be re-routed without charge. never had a problem getting them done here.

i went to a job yesterday where BG had quoted 199 for trace heating to a condense pipe they themselves had incorrectly installed . I found that quite amusing.
Problem with BG is the seperation of install and service. If they were joined together they would prob sort these kind of things no problem, but cos they're not the install guys rarely get involved once off site and the repair guys are left to offer a solution and chance to get the tsm off their back with a sale is usually too tempting.

i went to a job yesterday where BG had quoted 199 for trace heating to a condense pipe they themselves had incorrectly installed . I found that quite amusing.
Problem with BG is the seperation of install and service. If they were joined together they would prob sort these kind of things no problem, but cos they're not the install guys rarely get involved once off site and the repair guys are left to offer a solution and chance to get the tsm off their back with a sale is usually too tempting.

it's only an issue if the engineer or SM or installation manager are lazy.

if it's wrong i tell my SM, he tells IM and it usually gets sorted. whether or not thats how it works elsewhere is unknown but thats how it should work.

one thing to note, if the condensate is installed to the manufacturers intstructions and there is still a freezing issue it will be chargeable no matter what comedy pipework has been installed, the IM simply will not put any of his lads out to repair something that is to MI. then it becomes S+R's problem and ultimately the SM's job to make a decision.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back