Biasi Riva Compact 28HE Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Just moved house and think it's probably time to change the boiler which has been there for around 37 years and is on it's last legs..
I am looking to replace it with a combi boiler, we have a 3 bed dormer bungalow with 3 receptions rooms.

The cheapest boiler I can find is above for around £500 but can't find any reviews - can anyone recommend this boiler?

I have 3 separate guys around to give me a quote and happy to pay a fair price for a quality job so how much would I expect to pay for installation?

Sponsored Links
Hmmm, Biasi make er cheap boilers. Make of that what you will. You could have last 15yrs without trouble ..... or not. If price is your only concern they are no bettter or worse than other cheap boilers.

As for fitting......how long is a peice of string.....unless you post more details it's difficult to know what work is involved (striping out system boiler and tank, replacing all rads/none, moving upgrading gas line....)

What quotes have you had and what work has been quoted for

Hi Powell30,

not had any quotes as yet the first guy is calling around this evening, as I mentioned the old boiler is 37 years old so a quote would be to remove old boiler, remove hot and cold water tanks and also to remove old pipework.

I guess it's difficult until seeing the job but surely there would be an approx figure?

Also what's a fair price for a quality boiler? had an "ideal boiler" previously and it was in a in a brand house and it was awful, had to call someone out 3 times in a year!

The Biasi is very reliable and good value.

If you are converting from conventional system to a combi then we would charge about £1800 including that boiler.

That does not include making good where you had a back boiler.

Might be a bit cheaper where you are.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Just had my first quote of 2k + vat and he insists on buying the boiler (Baxi) but highlights that he makes no money on this?

Also there is an old copper tank is this worth anything?

yes it is.
i suspect the fitter would be quite happy to remove all scrap metal from site & will no doubt specify this in the quotation.

good luck with biasi.

u get wot u pay 4

I would prefer a Biasi to a Baxi!

Are you suggesting that you think that Biasi boilers are unreliable?

If so can you give three common manufacturer's faults?

Tony

good luck with biasi.

u get wot u pay 4

I would prefer a Biasi to a Baxi!

Are you suggesting that you think that Biasi boilers are unreliable?

If so can you give three common manufacturer's faults?

Tony

i wouldnt have either, the biasi is a cheap turd loosely shaped to resemble a boiler.

rubber seals will leak badly in poor water quality, washers will leak badly too. i cant remember if its this biasi turd that the plastic on the venturi is so cheap it "dries out" and goes brittle. and above all its a pain in the arse to work on as everything is jammed in tight. built in clock is just stupid and the whole thing looks like it was made to save money on proper development.

if the OP wants a reasonably good boiler he will be paying upwards of £700 for it minus flue. repairing 3 times a year is going to be good going for a biasi.

if the OP wants a reasonably good boiler he will be paying upwards of £700 for it minus flue. repairing 3 times a year is going to be good going for a biasi.

Do you actually have any personal experience of fitting or repairing current Biasi boilers?

Tony

The popular Biasi M96 model runs at about one in three hundred manufacturer's faults during the warranty period!

Could you even list any common faults on them?

Tony

er didnt i just do that?

which particular turd are you talking about? biasi being italian have fallen into the classic trap of calling all of their boilers by the same name :rolleyes:

face it tony they are cheap ****e and time will tell with the new ones too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back