Big Numbers today

If you want to be pedantic fine by me but perhaps you would like to contact the people who are doing the work that there is no point in detecting antibodies.

The other point of course is if the antibodies people generate don't get rid of it ............. but perhaps you can't see that aspect either.

It's not pedantry; it's accuracy.

Sponsored Links
Apart from the blip on Saturday, its all generally heading in the right direction.
Picture4.png

It's not pedantry; it's accuracy.

He needs to read up on what plasma can do. Trouble is it takes months to find out and usage has been mentioned for other viruses but doesn't seem to have been bottomed out. There are number of ideas about what to do with it before using it which will take even longer. The effects can last for months. Too many unknowns even with people that have recovered. They don't know if the immune system goes into memory mode either but I suspect they think that is unlikely due to the type of virus.

They are trialling treatment with it of people in hospital in B'ham. Results should be expected in months.

He needs to read up on what plasma can do.

I directed you to two NHS links that explain exactly what Convalescent Therapy is and what the trial is about. There is nothing wrong with MY reading and comprehension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I directed you to two NHS links that explain exactly what Convalescent Therapy is and what the trial is about. There is nothing wrong with my reading and comprehension. You, on the other hand, hear two snatched words on TV and make up fanciful stories around them.

If the NHS know exactly what it can do why are the trialling it? If you want to know more try looking around on passive immunotherapy. Results are an unknown just as they are with naturally obtained immunity. The only thing that can be said about that is scant if any evidence of some one catching it again. How long it lasts. They don't know. The same would apply to passive immunotherapy but not seen as a feasible method of treating a population. Hence some wondering what can be done to it prior to using it.
The only thing I have mentioned from TV is A it's being done and B trialled in B'ham to see if it helps recovery.

If the NHS know exactly what it can do why are the trialling it? If you want to know more try looking around on passive immunotherapy. Results are an unknown just as they are with naturally obtained immunity. The only thing that can be said about that is scant if any evidence of some one catching it again. How long it lasts. They don't know. The same would apply to passive immunotherapy but not seen as a feasible method of treating a population. Hence some wondering what can be done to it prior to using it.
The only thing I have mentioned from TV is A it's being done and B trialled in B'ham to see if it helps recovery.

You haven't a scooby about any of the things you're spouting about.

Even bigger numbers out today from the ONS.

Last edited:
In other news......

A prison officer friend has been tested in the last few days - being spat upon is a new weapon being used against them, apparently o_O - and their result has come back as "inconclusive". Fudge only knows how it can return a "result" like that, but hey ho.......

Sponsored Links
Back