Big Numbers today

LOL They have recently worked out that it doesn't make sense to apply an NHS surcharge to people who work in the NHS or as a carer.

The surcharge gets around a fringe reason for Brexit - people coming here on NHS holidays for treatment. ;) I mean there was millions millions of them.

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt want a deep nasal swab it looks pretty unpleasant.

If you need a test I'd suggest you put up with it. To much chance of a negative test when positive without it.

It sounds like they are pumping money into a rapid test that went in numbers into one hospital a while ago. 20min test time.

Boris has worked out that a U-turn was needed if he wanted to keep his job for another week.

He must be longing for those braying ninnies to set up their chants and meaningless noises behind him.

Hancock made an attempt but the Speaker offered to throw him out.

One interesting aspect. 2 briefs have now mentioned wearing face coverings in shops. Maybe things haven't stacked up as well as expected so looking for the missing bit.

You must have been living under a rock and missed that advice to wear a face covering in an enclosed public place and on public transport was announced by Boris Johnsons on 11 May. 28 April by Nicola Sturgeon, 7 May by Arlene Foster. Mark Drakeford has not (yet) made this recommendation.

Sponsored Links
You must have been living under a rock and missed that advice to wear a face covering in an enclosed public place and on public transport was announced by Boris Johnsons on 11 May. 28 April by Nicola Sturgeon, 7 May by Arlene Foster. Mark Drakeford has not (yet) made this recommendation.
I was referring to the change of words.

So they are now exempt due to being NHS employees? Sounds like a taxable benefit to me.

I was referring to the change of words.

What change of words? It has always been made clear in the briefings that the public should not be wearing surgical masks. The advice has always been face coverings.

Its pretty good value, compared to the charges you pay in other countries.

Most of us (not all) pay taxes and National Insurance to fund the society we live in, including the NHS.

So do foreign workers.

Being, mostly, young and healthy, they cost less than they pay in.

The surcharge is simply an additional tax.

It is not good value.

It buys them nothing extra.

They receive no extra benefit.

I thought you liked the idea of raising more taxes to fund the NHS?

I'm all in favour of people paying their fair share.

If you think I've ever recommended imposing additional taxes on people due to their nationality, or religion, or skin colour, then you are deluded.

I am saddened that you approve of it.

Things cost money. Its right that people should contribute to them if they expect to benefit from them.

Yes, that's why (most of us) pay tax and National Insurance.

It is no justification for imposing an additional Foreigner Tax.​

Are you aware of any countries that have free healthcare who don't?

Sponsored Links
Back