bird song

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of any web sites where it is possible to see pictures of common british birds and listen to their singing?

My boys are asking me about different birds they see and I only know a very basic few to look at.

They ask which bird is cheeping away and apart from a couple , I really dont know.

Tame and non controversial post but thought Id ask any way.

Sponsored Links
i'm try to think of one...common - common - common - oh i've got it ..Victoria beckham...oh no forgot that.She can't sing. ;)

thanks..

its funny how kids can highlight so many things that I have known once but then forgotten.

Tree types is another example. I remember collecting leaves from trees at school and identifying what type it came from... get stuck now when my boys bring leaves back to do the same.

history facts... henry's wives and what happened to them??? had to look it up!

and they are just primary school level... feel like I need to go back to school myself before they go to secondary school!

oh.. and when they were icing cakes the other day, they wanted to know how the icing can be runny but hard too! (you know, when you mix it, it is sort of solid when you mix but then goes runny when you stop)

I dont know!!!!

not much fun when 6,7 and 9 year old make you feel inadequate!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If you want to take photos of your titts in the garden we'll have a good look for you.

An easy way to remember what happened to Henry's wives is the little ditty:

Divorced, beheaded died. Divorced, beheaded, survived.

And the custard powder mystery is due to the geometric shapes of the cornflower and whether or not they are in suspension or interlocking.

See, I'm not as daft as you think I am.

Toffe - introduce your boys to the music of Olivier Messiaen, far more sophisticated than Bill Oddie.

thank you... might have to compile a quiz..... bird watching!! hee heee hee

Mmm, I should have known - Bill Oddie it is then...............

it seems I dont have the right 'whatever ' down loaded to listen to samples of this keyplayer.

Not sure what it needs - I tried it before I posted the link and it worked on mine, and mine doesn't have all the latest software by any means!!!

toffee said:
it seems I dont have the right 'whatever ' down loaded to listen to samples of this keyplayer.

looks like quicktime player... :)

When you get back in tomorrow morning, can you hug one for me, too?

Sponsored Links
Back