Black Trunking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know where I can get Black Trunking? 50x50mm or thereabouts. Can't find anything online, D-line exists, but not big enough. I'd prefer PVC. Thanks, Rudy.

Sponsored Links
IT world- you can get black slotted trunking, but you might not want the slots.

Dare I suggest paint or spray :eek:

Thanks Chris, I'm having trouble locating IT World online - itworld.com appears to be more of a news site. However I have found the same slotted trunking at RS. It'll do, though its a bit pricey.

I was hoping to find some standard box trunking, just in black. Looks like it will have to be painted - it just takes longer.

Cheers :)

Sorry I meant "in the IT World"- not a particular site :oops:

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'll check it out. It needs to be black to fix to some exposed ceiling joists which are painted black. Its high enough that the trunking will blend in - hopefully :oops:

I'll probably go with the D-line and try to stuff it all in. I can always go for a second run. White PVC painted black could end badly - grey or brown may not be so bad though?

IIRC you can also get pyro with a black PVC sheath.

Try centaur at cef, they do some black trunking,but mainly mini trunking,
50 x 50 would proberly be maxi trunking.

Thanks guys, it's worth knowing about the Pyro, it's the 50x50 (maxi) trunking I'm after in particular. I want to use it for data cables (40 ish).

I've never seen it fitted in black, I don't suppose anyone makes it.

Ah - data cables - that's different.

Cable tray, cover it in wood, stain to match joists.

Egatube trunking made by MK can be bought in dark grey if thats any help to you . You can also get that panel trunking that was mentioned before in closed slot type, which im sure would be better for uses, pnel trunking is good as the lids normally lock on to the base as otherwise normal weight of cables might push the lid off.panel trunking is more used to being rammed ful of cables

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back