Blackcircles : on-line tyre purchases

The only tyre cracking I remember on any cars were some worn out Landsail tyres on the boys' Mitsubishi Space Star.

But the original 2002 Michelin spare in the boot was immaculate. But I changed it anyway to be on the safe side.

Sponsored Links
BlackCircles have usually been more expensive when I've been shopping around, so I haven't used them before. There are loads of other online tyre retailers to choose from. My current favourite is Camskill in Whitehaven.

Very high turnover of tyres, so generally pretty recent date codes.
When I drove, I used to go to Micheldever Tyres near Winch. They had a fantastic turnover: the tyres were still warm!

Never-ever had tyre cracking fail. I buy cheap from the internet, and mount them at a tyre shop.

Update showing mails to avoid my need to paraphrase everything :giggle: and still leave you fully informed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Tyre age
  • Regarding the age of the tyres supplied at the start of last year, I am sorry that you are not happy with this. We work under the policy that tyres up to 5 years old from the date on manufacture are safe to be sold as new goods. We will endeavour to supply tyres as new as possible, an on occasions where the customer is not happy with the age of the tyre supplied, we will do our best to exchange it with newer stock if we can and prior to them being fitted and ran on.

Stock issue
  • Our stock file is updated several times through the day, and this is reflected on our website as soon as the newest stock file becomes available. On some occasions, there can be orders that get placed just prior to an updated stock file coming in which ultimately, we do not have stock for, and we are sorry that this can happen. We do our best in these situations to offer the customer and upgraded alternative, as we have done in this case.

Compensation
Whilst my points above confirm our stance when it comes to age and any stock issues, I understand your frustration and would like to amicably close this off with you. As a gesture of goodwill, I will offer a 10% refund on your order which rounded up equals £20. Would you like to accept this?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I note your comment about five years, but I haven't found anything from manufacturers that back that up. If , however, that were the case, then the tyres would have to be stored correctly, and if you read my first mail, I mention perishing/cracking around the tyre which would indicate less than perfect storage.

You also make no mention of my comments about poor/unintelligible communications from your company. this was again highlighted when somebody called the phone number that I was using when I bought the tyres: I was visiting a friend, at the time, so not my permanent number. The following is what she mailed me after listening to the message.

"Just got in to a very garbled message for you, which I had played back twice and still cannot work out what the man is saying… something about emails and you’ve emailed him and he’ll email you… ?????"

I had to think and then probably linked it to Blackcircles and when I mailed her to listen again and listen for a mention of "Blackcircles", she conformed she could hear it. You really need to do something about training your after-sales people to speak and identify themselves clearly.

I thank you for your offer and ask if - given the perishing mentioned - you could raise this to £35 so you can then settle this
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A few days later automatic closure and my response

As we have not heard back from you ( I was actually awaiting their response !! )we have now closed your open request. If you do still need support, please just reply to this ticket and we will be able to help.

Thanks,
Blackcircles.com

What is this nonsense ? There was no mention in the previous mail of any time limit - and three days is ridiculously short. I do not accept this closure . I am currently travelling so it is not convenient to reply: will do so when I return home. Please confirm receipt of this and also that you have cancelled/lifted the closure of this complaint
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you for your email and confirmation

I can process the £35 for you as goodwill,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well, they don't make it easy and are very poor in their communications ( after-sales people barely capable of speaking English on the phone , on two separate occasions ). I asked for £ 60, they offered £20, I then asked for £35, stressing cracking and poor service and, after initially closing the complaint , they then agreed.

Worth it I think, but i don't believe them when they say

" Our stock file is updated several times through the day, and this is reflected on our website as soon as the newest stock file becomes available."

I was asking for an unusual make of winter-tyre, so I think hugely improbable they had stock and just happened to sell in those couple of hours and in spite of their denials, reckon that they suck you in by always promising stock so you enter all details. and if they don't have it, then call you back offering another tyre instead ( technique known as "switch-selling" which is actually illegal). Like me, most people won't want to go through the whole process again and agree. Incidentally, the first call-back was by someone who spoke good English, so I think they grade the person to the importance of the call. At this point a bad/garbled call could have resulted in order cancellation.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your experience has been very poor.

But mine has been very good.

It might be relevant that Black Circles is owned by Michelin, and I buy Michelin tyres. They seems to have a European stock control system, and on a previous (pre Brexit) occasion my local dealer ordered an uncommon set and they were sent over from France in a couple of days.

Back