Blancoswift BM 1420 kitchentap disassembly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would need some advice for the change of 2 PTFE seals plase.
We have the above tap in the kitchen and it has been leaking for a while. I took it apart today to the point of having to remove the cartridge containing chrome body. Looking at the instruction it needs to come off in order to get to the PTFE seals No 1 and No 2 insidethe spout body.
Has anyone come across this??

I have attached instructions and marked the body which I want to remove.

Attachments

• Blancoswift BM 1420.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 578
  • BM 1420.jpg
    BM 1420.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 165
Sponsored Links
If you look carefully at the exploded diagram it shows that the containment body is threaded at the bottom and will screw into "4" the spout.

A set of grips and a tea towel or similar to stop any scratching should shift it. It may be scaled up so a good soaking in wd40 or vinegar may help.

Also, silly as it sounds, trying to do it up a little first usually helps as this can help break the threads if they are binding.

Jon

I just wanted to give an update on the tap.
NO response at all from Blanco Customer Service. This is disappointing.
The cartridge can be removed by removing the mixer handle. It comes off with an Allen screw hidden under the hot / cold symbol.
I then disconnected the pipe connections under the sink to get the whole body off. I do not know why the kitchen fitter left the bolts through the worktop so long. It looked like the swivel simply coming loose through plenty of use. When the tap is off, the base plate can easily be unscrewed and the the swivel tap can be removed downwards. The cartridge and seals had some lime scale residue. I used lime scale remover to clean them and fitted it all again with the base plate tighter and hardly any play in the system. I also shortened the bolts holding the tap in the worktop so that I can now simply use a long extension ratchet to undo them rather than mess around with an adjustable wrench.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back