Bleedin' Paramount.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't sure exactly where to put this, but here goes.

Refitting a quad shower tray and enclosure.

One wall is stud with (haha) moisture proof board. The other wall is Paramount ( :mad: ).

The plan is to strip off the evil green stuff and board using Abacus Elements 12mm board, screwed and sealed with the tape and tanking membrane and sealing pipe collars and finished off with a sealing strip between the tray and board.

But what is the best thing to do with the Paramount?

Even assuming I can get the tiles off without wrecking the wall, I can't really rely on Gripfil to hold the Elements board and the weight of a load of tiles up.

It needs screwing too, but of course there is nothing to screw to in the Paramount.

Any ideas welcomed, thanks.

Sponsored Links
I encountered this on a bathroom a while back. I ripped it back, built a timber stud wall and rebuilt the bathroom from there.

Same here. I peeled back and removed one leaf of plasterboard and left the other side in tact. Then I removed all the cardboard and put proper studs in and reboarded the side I had removed. It meant the bedroom side was largely untouched. Took a bit of patience tho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back