Blocked Toilet

OK - Feeling calmer now, thanks....

Think I'll try moving the pan. The waste pipe seems to go through some sort of rubber seal in the floor, so I guess that its all farily self-sealing when I put it back in again..

Any ideas what the bit of plastic I pulled out was ? If I have something missing then is there any danger of the water going somewhere other than down the drain ? I'm thinking off the scene in 'Meet The Parents' here...

Sponsored Links
An update on this - I have now unblocked the toilet.

The thing that I pulled out was a bit of a pan connector, but not THE pan connector. Are these things used for anything other than connecting pans ?

If not, I can only assume that when the toilet was last replaced (before my time) and the old pan connector was either inadvertently dropped down, or whoever did it was buying himself a bit of future unblocking work.

But that wasn't the problem anyway. Having satisfied myself that the drain was clear, I moved the pan and retrieved the plastic toilet freshener cage that was stuck at the 90 degree bend at the back of the pan.

And now, my wife kind of remembers one going missing at about the time the toilet got blocked. She just assumed I'd moved it.........

Sponsored Links
those things are a dream come-true for plumbers willing to get there gloves dirty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back