Bloody Hell

Remember this?

One of many examples of modern day policing.

Sponsored Links
you seemed to jump to the defense of the driver without knowing all the facts.

What "facts" would make it acceptable to behave like that?

They had the driver in a position where he could not drive off, he obviously did not want to do a runner, there were no threats to the safety of the officers.

What possible justification was there for that behaviour? The copper's demands (prior to the film commencing) were ignored?

If that were the case (and we don't know) then that is hardly the worst crime in the world. We have all seen YouTube videos where our police officers have demanded members of the public do things they are perfectly within their rights not to do ( like producing ID, which they only have to do if suspected of a crime) or not do things they are perfectly within their rights to do (like filming, see this webpage: http://content.met.police.uk/Site/photographyadvice).

It appears some officers abuse their position of power and are so stuffed full of testosterone that they lose their cool when a member of the public dares to disobey their (often unlawful) demands.

They had the driver in a position where he could not drive off, he obviously did not want to do a runner
Was there a vehicle behind the car preventing the driver reversing and driving away ? If not then the situation was not secure and the driver could have used the car as a weapon to injure the police.

Sponsored Links
On that basis fair enough. I think people should remember as well that things like this really damage the reputation of the police. Looking over at our American cousins look at what their policing has become synonymous for and because they fail to remove poorly trained cops.

I'm not a fan of the police in some respects, but admire them in others. I think they do a very difficult job and I certainly wouldn't want to do it. Had a fair few dealings with coppers in my old job and like with most people in most trades, you get a mixed bunch of ability and professionalism even though the police should be better than that. Am with you on your post about this shouldn't be allowed and we do not want this style of policing.

If this guy has damaged the rep, he's just another who has done it in a long list of corrupt, racist and bad cops that started to come to light in the 70's.. For me the telling part is how the police chiefs deal with this situation. Desk duty doesn't quite cut if for me..

What's with this: bbasis ymam?

Back