Bloody Hell

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Angers me when i see videos like this because a copper is in a position of trust to work with and protect the public from crime. They are not enforcers.. they used to be called police constables and their primary role in non-criminal matters was as peace keepers.

Sadly we have come to know them as 'enforcers' and you are either with or against the establishment it seems whichever way you choose to think and feel when you see things like this.

It really matters little the circumstances of this as its clear excessive force was used and if they guy decided to he could sue the met and i guarantee you he would win the case + damages. Those of you automatically brown nosing the authority should take a good look at the law on this as nothing in that coppera handbook and nothing in law or statue granted him use of force in that circumstance. This is why we have hundreds of years of law to fall back on so that when coppers act well above their station and start breaking peoples property they can be held to account. Also the fact he was black may have played a part in it but i can assure you the police do this sort of thing quite routinely to the public independant on what colour they are.

You mean by asking if there is ...
...an arrestable offence of failure to
"get out of your vehicle."
"hand over your keys."

...some justification for smashing the car.

With what ? I think you have finally lost the plot.

On this occasion i don't think he has. If you want to live in a society where you can have your property smashed up and you skull smashed up try south Africa. We have laws in this country you can't have coppers going around smashing people up because they don't like the look of them. I know the reason some of those in the thread are siding with the copper its because the guy is black, attitude problem, probably sells drugs to get the money to buy that nice car... deserves a good beating maybe? Maybe so. However copper cannot be allowed to be morally justified in using criminal force in order to police and this is the fact of the matter because who next? You? Me? Fancy a batton to the skull for not answering his questions quick enough? No i don't either. I think some of you lads have lost your minds on this one.

I believe there was a case a while back where some fella walking down the pavement got tazered for refusing to obey a command to stop from a police officer.

Reason being the bloke was blind , had a white stick as well.

go back to the miners strike & look at police behaviour ;)

The police thought it was the drivers cousin TJ, and according the daily mail report, he'd already shown them his ID, but they refused to believe it because they were convinced it was TJ, - as they kept repeating it - who I assume wasn't allowed to drive.

Well, they do all look the same. :eek::eek::eek:

I'll get my coat. ;)

On this occasion i don't think he has. If you want to live in a society where you can have your property smashed up and you skull smashed up try south Africa. We have laws in this country you can't have coppers going around smashing people up because they don't like the look of them. I know the reason some of those in the thread are siding with the copper its because the guy is black, attitude problem, probably sells drugs to get the money to buy that nice car... deserves a good beating maybe? Maybe so. However copper cannot be allowed to be morally justified in using criminal force in order to police and this is the fact of the matter because who next? You? Me? Fancy a batton to the skull for not answering his questions quick enough? No i don't either. I think some of you lads have lost your minds on this one.
I don't think many would (or have) justify this coppers behaviour in this situation and I do hope the driver sues the police and the copper gets a criminal damage record to his name. He was totally unprofessional.

I don't think many would (or have) justify this coppers behaviour in this situation and I do hope the driver sues the police and the copper gets a criminal damage record to his name. He was totally unprofessional.

On that basis fair enough. I think people should remember as well that things like this really damage the reputation of the police. Looking over at our American cousins look at what their policing has become synonymous for and because they fail to remove poorly trained cops.

go back to the miners strike & look at police behaviour

or the Fire Brigade Strikes in the 1980's where some of the pickets in Fire Brigade uniforms were not fire men but thugs from Rent A Mob, there were Green Goodess fire engines whose wheel nuts were loosened, False STOP calls were sent to appliances on route to incidents. There wasn't much publicity about those events.

Likewise ther probably wasn't much publicity about some of the reasons for the police acting in the manner they did during the miner's strike. What the uniformed police do is clear to see, the covert actions of a few trouble making individuals in a crowd of people are much harder to see.

Sponsored Links
Back