Blown fridge bulb help

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi on opening fridge one of the 40w bulb was blown with cap stuck inside also tripped Rcbo i have reset the rcbo can i replace the bulb with led type showing 5.5w =40 w (candle type small screw ses E14) american fridge or do i have to get original type thanking in advance

Sponsored Links
Bottom metal part of the bulb which goes into the fridge holder!( apologies dint know the word for it) i will have to
Switch off the fridge then with a nose plier turn that part and hopefully remove it and replace the bulb

Ah ok that is probably the correct term. I wasn't clear that it was still stuck in there. You need to get rid of it asap as it could get touched by someone. If it really is 14mm SES then an led version should be fine.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
Sponsored Links
A LED lamp may not be fine....

In our BOSCH fridge freezer, the internal lamp is part of the frost free mechanism - when its in the defrost mode, the lamp is illuminated at 1/2 power even when the door is closed.

I haven't had cause to work out whether the lamp becomes connected in-series with something else or whether its driven half wave, but its doing something. Obviously, replacing this filament lamp with a much lower power LED is going to have an effect that the designer didn't intend.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back