BMW Joy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seen the new ads for Bavaria`s finest :?: Reminded me of another Bavarian`s slogan... Strength Through Joy... round about 70 years ago ..:cool: :LOL: Apparently used by Volks Wagen previously known as KDFWagen

Sponsored Links
They did all seem to be smiling through their exercise regime though Nige. :cool: Very similar to Oz aerobics today. :LOL:

guten morgen meine damen und herren.

I believe it stands for Bavarian Motor Works,or at least its deutsche translation,but i wouldn't put money on it.'Deutscheland uber alles' or so they say in Germany,or is it 'vorsprung durch tecnik'

and thank you for asking.

Sponsored Links
'Bayerische Motoren Werke', was born from 'Bayerische Flugzeugwerke' (BFW), late in WW1. They manufactured aircraft and engines for the german military. BFW, in turn, was born of Rapp motorcycles before WW1

The logo is based on either a revolving aircraft propeller, or the blue and white chequered barvarian flag, or maybe both.

bmw-history.jpg

guten morgen meine damen und herren.

'vorsprung durch tecnik'

Advantage through technology ;) I didn`t get much Strength or Joy when I looked @ the showroom prices in the local BMW dealers :cry: today...and as for the MINI...Alec Issigonis must be spinning in his grave. Saw a modern version of the Mini Traveller estate car with a Cooper badge on it :eek: Must be Tommy, not John. ;)

According to my young daughters, it stands for;
Black Man's Willy. :LOL:

They manufactured aircraft and engines for the german military.

so did Rover...errr... for our side, not theirs though... ;)
they had an underground factory out in the countryside near here..

probably a lot of car makers ended up re-tooling for aircraft parts..

'Bayerische Motoren Werke', was born from 'Bayerische Flugzeugwerke' (BFW), late in WW1. They manufactured aircraft and engines for the german military. BFW, in turn, was born of Rapp motorcycles before WW1

The logo is based on either a revolving aircraft propeller, or the blue and white chequered barvarian flag, or maybe both.

bmw-history.jpg
Revolving propellor, is all I have known it to be, great cars. ;)

BMWs are notoriously good cars, but there's one easy way to improve them:

bmw-crash.jpg

And who ever said that BMWs aren't cool enough? :D

Griff-Tanner-BMW_01.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back