boiler flu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am in the process of buying a terraced house. one of the neighbours has an extension. sticking out of the extension on to the garden path of the house i am buying is the boiler flu and an overflow pipe. as far as i am aware this should not be allowed and would like this clarified as have tried the local council who pas me from pillar to post.

thanks

Richard

Sponsored Links
Ask for the building control in the planning department. It's illegal to terminate the flue over the boundary.

How old is the extension? If it's more recent you will have more clout from the council. If it's not causing a problem then I wouldn't worry too much. However if you are considering an extension (or a future prospective buyer may consider) then it needs resolving. Unfortunately you may fall out with the neighbours before you move in :( . The neighbours may not even be aware of the problem since so many unscrupulous gas installers ignore the regulations to save cost on the legal flue re-route/boiler position.

Get your solicitor to gen up on "Kelson v Imperial Tobacco"...trespass of air space over a boundary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back