Boiler Flue Tip / Exhaust Vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

We have the boiler serviced every year under a cover plan that we've had. Boiler is great, about 15 years old and we've lived here 4.5 years and it's not let us down at all.

Every year they come to service it, every year it passes, although the person servicing it seems to insist on poking the flue on the outside, which has clearly gone a little brittle with sun exposure etc. They always tell me how expensive it will be and new boilers drift into the conversation, but I have none of it, and they agree that it's actually ok and they'll look again next year.

I've started following them outside when they check it now, as year by year, more of it seems to have broken off when they call me outside to look at it (as they keep wiggling it!). Not distrusting them, they're doing their job, but Id rather point out to them not to poke something that is more than likely going to break, and last time that worked.

I've attached some pictures so you can see what I mean. Is the current condition of the bits that you can see in the pictures any reason to condemn it? It always passes the gas tests and assuming it does again, would there be any reason to replace it as it is?

If so, not wishing to get my pants pulled down, can the external tip be replace independently of the whole flue?

Boiler is a 2006 Ideal Combi HE C24 Mini.

Thanks for any help offered!

Attachments

• IMG_20210228_080444.jpg
    IMG_20210228_080444.jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_20210228_080447.jpg
    IMG_20210228_080447.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 233
Sponsored Links
Don't see why not, you can see a few rusty screws holding it on, you'd need to know your boiler model and go online and search for flue spares.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back