boiler in loft hallway

the plumber that installed it said it was ok, has he got it wrong ? me being a roofer made the weathering slate.shall i extend the flue or change it to a veritcal flue heres some pics

whats the worst that can happen with this situation

Sponsored Links
the plumber that installed it said it was ok, has he got it wrong ?
We do keep telling you that!
He should have left the instructions with you, have a look yourself.
It won't mention it, so call Vaillant on Monday - prepare for a long wait.

I did several installations like your bloke - though with more flue protruding to get the 300mm, before realising it was a problem for some manufacturers, and others sort of hadn't thought about it. :rolleyes:
I asked my Corgi inspector and he ummed and ah'd a lot.

Worst that could happen is that the boiler explodes and kills a few people and you get put in prison. Not terribly likely perhaps.

What's daft is that it looks easy to have put in a vertical flue, so he or you were just being lazy.

As it is, it's only "not to current Standard" if V say it shouldn't be done that way, as long as it works 100%. Which is something you can't test.

is it not being 300mm from tiles the only thing wrong or is there more.he could have put it in either way horizontal or vertical but i liked the look of horizontal.and he agreed.he will come back and change if i need to

Sponsored Links
whats the reson for it having to be 300mm from tiles

So it bloody works!

TALK TO THE MANUFACTURER. It's their design not ours. Nobody here can tell you "It'll be OK". Bending the rules on flues is pointless & could get picked up easliy.

300mm min is to take things like heavy snow fall into account my friend, and from your pic yours definaetly doesn't I am f****d if i would be climing up there to measure it either it would be a Warning /Advice note resulting in a customer giving you Jipp on the wellybone!! ;)

ChrisR";p="1703354 said:
I did several installations like your bloke - though with more flue protruding to get the 300mm, before realising it was a problem for some manufacturers, and others sort of hadn't thought about it. :rolleyes:
I asked my Corgi inspector and he ummed and ah'd a lot.

I looked at the pictures and it seems the OP has used a lead slate and is a roofer. Interesting question to ask the manufacturer is whether a lengthened sleeve would shield the air duct sufficiently to mean it was not directly exposed though of course a means would have to be found to support the additional weight.

Boilerman2 so can you tell me how you check a GC1 from the ground. And can you check 100 % of boiler flue outlets read the book on what the guidance is

ChrisR the point of its ok with gas safe is when the manufacturers refuse to say yes or no and it does happen.

As i said initially its ok if manufacturers say it and the 300mm is achieved if the manufacturers wont say then its down to gas safe.

And lets be honest who doesnt think the guy has done it by himself ,

So what has your plumber said he is going to do to bring it up to standard.

Hi Namsag I've got a pair of Binoculars in the van great for looking at GC1's on chimneys, but they aint no good for measuring Balanced flue terminal positions though :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back