Boiler installation problem. What to do?.

I buy cheap crap most of the time, and yes it can be a headache...but you need to know how to fix/install/use it...if you know how then its not a problem, and its finding the right person and expertise...From reading on this forum, Aglie is the only one who is not afraid to take on a challenge,(Good on you mate(y))..All the others saying I wont touch another workmans job etc... Aglie shows to me he knows his onions, and is not afraid to tackle the sh!tties of jobs...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hey Razor , it would be foolish not to employ the services of Tony Glazier (Agile) , the knowledge he possesses is awesome , every gasman worth his salts shows utmost respect for the man......

I would jump @ the chance to work alongside him , what he doesn't know is not worth knowing (possibly knows it all).

Last edited:
If I spend enough time shadowing Agile then top 2 for me..:cool:....gis a job job Tony? , go on gis a job...

Found someone who is prepared to remedy this without a gas safe inspection first. Long succession of lengthy emails, including discussion of all the details I've mentioned in this thread.

Remedial details offered are here:

The filling loop is not at all incorrect. They make them with 2 shut offs and 1 shut off. I prefer to fit one with 2 shut offs but what you have is also common practice.
.without seeing the job then the prv indeed will run next to the condense pipe and terminate on to the flat roof
. You should have a scale reduce on the water inlet and a magnetic filter on the return pipe for boiler protection
. a thermostat or programmer must be installed to meet current legislation
.should only have one operational boiler at once, the old back boiler should not be connected to the heating or the gas.

Here are some prices, parts and labour. The gas run would be between £350 - £500.
To change the filling loop, install a scale reducer and magnetic filter. £300
Install a wireless programmable room thermostat £200
Run the PRV around £200

The flue would need looking at as it sounds like they have used all the wrong stuff and messed it right up. I would say you need to be allowing around £1500 to put all the above correct. That's if the installer has done the system conversion correctly also.

The flue through the roof should have a pitched angle led flashing which slips under the tiles on a pitched roof or a fat roof flashing on a flat roof and felted over. Also a proper vertical flue terminal. A hole can not be simply cut and the flue poked through.

Thoughts?

He has also stated that he would be able to do it next week but would need to know ASAP, and would probably bring another engineer with him. He has not been able to view as is not local and I cannot find anyone local, but along with all the descriptions I also sent a series of photos.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back