Boiler Issues - not sure what's wrong and charges for fixing it

I am not a cylinder manufacturer so I cant decide which rules you have to Follow , MIs over rule standards but obviously you know better

Sponsored Links
Dont tell anyone but the G3 regulations are seriously flawed and if the clueless muppets that dreamt up these rules ever got their hands dirty they'd realise why. Pumping up an already flat vessel is hardly a safety issue. Even the dumb cylinder manufacturers dont have a clue that they are compromising safety with the tat they supply.

Dont tell anyone but the G3 regulations are seriously flawed and if the clueless muppets that dreamt up these rules ever got their hands dirty they'd realise why. Pumping up an already flat vessel is hardly a safety issue. Even the dumb cylinder manufacturers dont have a clue that they are compromising safety with the tat they supply.
and yet there are hundreds of posts on this very site of clueless idiots that can not perform such a simple task

The issue is more of encouraging people to turn valves on and off without being sure how it all works. Yes there aren't supposed to be any valves that separate the cylinder from the relief valve and it's outlet, but getting a pair of G3 eyes on it would spot that issue a lot quicker! In a correctly installed system it should be self doable.
It's always annoying that the primary ev is inside the boiler for the same reason, after all anyone can top up their own system (and leave the filing loop open) but can't charge the ev.

Sponsored Links
Hundreds of posts ? hmmmm the clueless ones are only clueless because the standard response is "you cant touch that " you need the extensive 3 hour training course to work on the domestic equivalent of a nuclear reactor, seems its ok to operate the critical safety device on a megaflop but a death sentence to reinflate an expansion vessel.

Hundreds of posts ? hmmmm the clueless ones are only clueless because the standard response is "you cant touch that " you need the extensive 3 hour training course to work on the domestic equivalent of a nuclear reactor, seems its ok to operate the critical safety device on a megaflop but a death sentence to reinflate an expansion vessel.
well you seem to be the man that decides , so please put up a list of what safety devices that a clueless clown can by pass or work on, you seem to be an expert in that field

Next time your using a foot pump remember how much training it took, I cant decide who does what but blowing up an expansion vessel aint rocket science.

Although, to be fair, I bet I can find plenty of heating engineers who still don’t know how to reinflate an expansion vessel correctly....especially potable!

To be honest, the expansion vessel is expected to have a "wrong side" failure eventually with a probability of 1, so it can't genuinely be part of risk mitigation. Similar for the pressure reducing valve.
To me, the ultimate safety device in any unvented water system is the relief valve, correctly connected and terminated. High limit equipment in whatever form would definitely reduce the risk substantially and should be maintained in working order but anything else is mostly to prevent operational issues.

If indeed the expansion vessel is part of the safety group, why is it and the T pieced to connect it sold separately? In most of France once the expansion vessel has given up it is not unusual to see a bucket under the tundish/safety relief valve instead of replacing an extortionately priced vessel.
That would be madness. Every time you heated your water you’d lose half the tank of hot water into your ( huge) bucket and the water in your cylinder would be tepid.

That would be madness. Every time you heated your water you’d lose half the tank of hot water into your ( huge) bucket and the water in your cylinder would be tepid.
Only lose half if the water somehow doubled in volume when heated, otherwise the expansion vessel would have to be bigger then the cylinder!, and the remaining water would still be there and hot enough surely anyway?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back