Boiler Issues - not sure what's wrong and charges for fixing it

Sponsored Links
and even causing a catastrophic failure (explosion) of the EV shell in a confined space at worst.
How would over charging the ev cause that? You'd have to be going for a long time with an industrial compressor to manage that

How would over charging the ev cause that? You'd have to be going for a long time with an industrial compressor to manage that

Not really. My little battery powered one gets up to 8 bar in a few minutes. Many EV's are only tested to 6 bar. Don't personally know what the failure rating is, but I have seen them split.

Jesus, why do DIY'ers post such drivel?

Last edited:
Better stop people inflating their tyres otherwise.....BOOM end of the World.

GG, Don't try this at home, but if you were to connect a bicycle pump to an old car tyre and pump until it bangs, that bang would be enough to either render you unwilling to do it again, or incapable of doing it again. To repeat myself...don't try it.

Sponsored Links
GG, Don't try this at home, but if you were to connect a bicycle pump to an old car tyre and pump until it bangs, that bang would be enough to either render you unwilling to do it again, or incapable of doing it again. To repeat myself...don't try it.
Mate if your pumping a car tyre to 4/5 bar with a bicycle pump I’m certainly not going to argue with you!

Not really. My little battery powered one gets up to 8 bar in a few minutes. Many EV's are only tested to 6 bar. Don't personally what the failure rating is, but I have seen them split.

Jesus why do DIY'ers post such drivel?
True your right there but to be fair even an idiot knows you don't switch a compressor on and go off for a cup of tea so i am not too worried about the supposed danger.
Anyway last time i embed up in a discussion about expansion vessels it seemed like most of the pros didn't understand why you should charge an ev to below the design cold pressure of the system and what the symptoms of it being incorrect are, so ignorance isn't unique to diyers.
And regarding drivel, not everyone has an irrational fear of being seen to not know everything.:oops:

And regarding drivel, not everyone has an irrational fear of being seen to not know everything

No, but those seeking advice by inference don't know the answer, so when someone posts information that is incorrect, they risk fecking up an unsuspecting person's house/project. It also wastes the professional's time correcting said bullschit making us less inclined to spend time on other questions.

To be honest if that's your concern you'd be better off lobbying the admins for a verified GSR badge on people's profiles and a disclaimer on the forum. As that problem you identify isn't going to be solved as you are doing now. I don't want to pretend I'm a qualified installer but i am not going to type that I'm not on every single post.

To be honest if that's your concern you'd be better off lobbying the admins for a verified GSR badge on people's profiles and a disclaimer on the forum. As that problem you identify isn't going to be solved as you are doing now. I don't want to pretend I'm a qualified installer but i am not going to type that I'm not on every single post.

It was discussed when the site was being upgraded a few years ago. Not sure why it was turned down in the end but anyway; you could always put a disclaimer in your signature; that way you can carry on posting boollocks with both impunity and a clear conscience.

It was discussed when the site was being upgraded a few years ago. Not sure why it was turned down in the end but anyway; you could always put a disclaimer in your signature; that way you can carry on posting boollocks with both impunity and a clear conscience.
Did not know that was an option,
Edit- although it clearly doesn't work, I've not seen anyone elses signature in a while either so maybe it's broken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back